chapter seventeen.

⋆ ★ ALREADY GONE ━━━CHAPTER SEVENTEEN 

( MY EX'S, EX-BEST FRIEND IS HERE ) , yesterday.

៚ ......... ˁᱸᲲᱸˀ ............ ༄

     IT DIDN'T TAKE MUCH FOR JAMIE TO GET OUT OF BED AFTER THE WHOLE BOMBING INCIDENT. Of course, there were some occasional night terrors, but she believed that the near-death experience made her braver in a way. She felt a little more confident in herself than she had in while. Or maybe it was a band aid which would have to be removed at some point so she could face her true feelings. Oh well- that wasn't happening today.

     However, this morning, putting her confidence aside, she visited her mother. 

     "I'm exhausted." Ellis smiled and Jamie hummed in agreement. "I was going at it all night in the on-call room. What's your excuse, Jamie Marie?" 

     The daughter almost spit her coffee out. "What- mom?"

     "I tell you, that man makes me purr like a kitten."

     "Mom." Jamie cringed as she pleaded for her mother to stop advocating her sexual life to her daughter. 

      "When he isn't making me growl like a tiger."

     Too much information for one day. "Mother, stop it." 

     Ellis only laughed. "And my husband wonders why I'm not interested in him anymore." Jamie's heart dropped as the other female said that. "If he had any balls at all, he would leave on his own. No, he plays stupid. He's waiting for me to kick him out. I come home with a hickey on my shoulder- a hickey for god's sake- like I'm some sex-crazed teenager, which let's face it, these days I am. And what does Thatcher do? Pretends he doesn't see it."

     Jamie was shocked. Did her mother have an affair? Who was the affair with? If so, when? So many questions ran through her head, but none of them bothered to come out of her mouth. The only thing she mumbled was, "I need a smoke."

៚ ......... ˁᱸᲲᱸˀ ............ ༄

     "Knock, knock." The resident said as she knocked on the door of Bailey's room. "Dr. B?"

     The other woman smiled in glee as she saw her friend walk into her room. "Good morning, Ace. How are you?" She asked. 

     After giving birth to William Adam Bailey Jones or Tuck, Miranda had found out in hysterics the situation Jamie was in. She couldn't believe it but when the news delivered that she was okay and back at home safe, her worry wore off. She was also thankful that her husband was alright. Now, she was just glad for Jamie to be back and in one piece. 

     "I'm good," Jamie nodded but Bailey gave her a look. However, the blonde insisted that she was okay. "I'm fine, Miranda." 

     "Okay..." 

     Jamie ignored her friend before she walked up to the bed where the baby laid and smiled down at him. "Hi, baby. Oh my gosh, aren't you the cutest thing ever, yes you are." She cooed before picking up Tuck. "I want one of you, yes I do. Maybe I'll just have to steal you from your mommy myself."