𝕤𝕥𝕠𝕣𝕪 𝕖𝕩𝕥𝕣𝕒𝕤

A/N

These shorts are an excuse because I miss Mira and Ruggie's childish bickering after two years of publishing.

I also refuse to type in Cater EN language so please have a normal Cater who isn't using TikTok slang

THANK YOU ALL FOR 14K READS!!

-----

Short 1: High school relationships

"Hey, Ruggie." 

Twitching his ear in response to his name, Ruggie removed his eyes from his homework and glanced at his significant other. They were both in the middle of studying for midterms, yet had to complete their remaining homework just in case they had missed any content during their revision. Sitting on the floor around the coffee table in Ruggie's dorm room, Mira folded her legs and rocked from side to side.

"Did you start liking me before you found out I was a girl? Or was it after?" 

Hearing her question, Ruggie lowered his eyes and brushed the back of his hand on Mira's forehead. He then responded. "What type of question is that? I'm pretty sure the last question you asked was about mathematics."

"What about your sexuality?"

"You really aren't listening to me, huh."

However, Ruggie folded his book back to its cover and rested his chin on his palm. As if he was trying to stitch his words together, his face suddenly tinted red. "W-Well, I'm pretty sure I liked you before I found out."

"Oh!?" She gasped, an expectant and immature look on her features. "Mhmm, you liked me back when I was an innocent guy, huh? Which part of me? When?"

"Rather than finding out in a flash, it was more like...a process."

Confused, she freed her legs from a cross and leaned to rest her head on his shoulder with a smirk. "Process? So rather than realising outright, 'Ah, I think I like him!' it was more of 'So I've been feeling this way because of him', type of style?"

Pushing her face from his shoulder playfully, he cringed at her reenacting his thoughts. "Gosh, stop it with that voice! That doesn't sound like me at all. Why are ya suddenly interrogating me all of a sudden? Is this doubt?"

"Nope? They were all genuine questions," Mira innocently smiled. She then recalled her past, or perhaps pasts, and wondered what type of face she made when reminiscing at that moment. "The first time I ever liked someone, our definition of love was a lot different. Now that I have you, I was just curious and excited about how we're going to live our lives together from now on."

After hearing her somewhat whimsical response, Ruggie could not help but soften his expression. "Arggh, fine, it was when you visited Sunset Savanna."

Mira began mentally scrolling through her search history to recall which time; she did not quite recall if they had formally met each other in the Sunset Savanna unless it was back when she had just recently accepted herself to become Mira. Seeing as Mira could not quite choose which moment it was, Ruggie elaborated. "Y'know, when you bought the quiches my grandma made."

"Ah!" She realised, gasping. Recalling that he had brought up one of the first times they had met, Mira wondered whether she was hearing wrong. "Huh? You mean...I was your childhood crush?"