𝕡𝕖𝕣𝕤𝕠𝕟𝕒𝕝 𝕤𝕥𝕠𝕣𝕪 𝟚: 𝕚𝕗

this is just a special before the final chapter that is coming up UwU

***

It all started with a crime.

A wallet in hand, a smirk plastered on his youthful features, Ruggie Bucchi at the age of seven came dashing across the streets with a stream of outraged grown-ups behind him, all out of breath from his agility. A normal day was what he thought, he would bring all the wallets he had collected from as many careless adults as he could before buying food for the slums.  The other hyenas were perhaps hungry by now and he overdid it by stealing three wallets more than what he was supposed to — that shouldn't be a problem if he needed to save some for health problems going on in the slums, either.

Turning around and poking his tongue out at the crowd behind him, he received a pleasing wave of grunts and curses. Above him showered with the decorations for an upcoming festival, colours of the rainbow that was unreachable from where he was currently. His dream, something he had resolved to ever since he met his grandmother, was to climb the tower and be recognised with fame. Ruggie shifted his footing as he dashed to the narrow pathway between two tall buildings, knocking his arm on the wooden crates stacked on the entrance, he found himself snickering to himself again as the confused shouts echoing behind him notified that they had all fallen for his trick.

That was if he found out that there was a dead-end of a towering fence in front of him. He immediately clicked his tongue, looked left to right, then realised that he was indeed surrounded by walls. 

Then, he looked up.

A conveniently fixed rope tied around the leg of the balcony. If he was fortunate, he would be able to escalate right in time to swing to the other side of the fence. Ears twitching in turbulence, he dusted his palms before grasping onto the thin rope, then accumulating as little of his body weight as possible as he climbed further up — stopping at an appropriate height just right above the top of the fence, he kicked the wall with his leg, causing him to swing to the other side. Instantly, he let go of the rope to find his plan work, the fresh air that gently carried his hair as he glided down.

Ambers.

Round, shimmering ambers was what he thought, yet that wasn't the first thing he should have been noticing the second he propelled through the air —  was the fact that he was almost landing on someone, a kid, his own eyes widening as he slipped his footing from the ground in order to avoid the figure in front of him. Landing on the ground with a thump, he let out an exhausted groan, the numerous wallets scattering on the dirt around him, causing the figure to rush to his aid.

Now, he could no longer see the eyes of the child in front of him. She was wearing a tan hooded cape that covered her hair, the hems of the hood shading over her face. Under her cape was a pinafore dress over a white sweater, her feet clad with strappy black sandals that were perfect for the summer weather. Within her delicate hands were a woven basket blanketed with a cloth.

"A-Are you alright!?" The soft voice frantically called, he heard her desperate bolt towards him as he rose from the dirt, his baggy and patched shirt already dirty despite him doing the laundry in the morning. Swivelling his head to the origin of the voice, he was engaged with aggressive shaking of her arms from his shoulders, the childish sobbing of the unknown girl whom he had just met for the very first time.

"If you keep shaking me like this — I'm actually gonna die!"

"Oh!"

In pure realisation, the girl suddenly let go, causing him to almost land on the dirt once again. She let out a cliche giggle, scratching her cheek in nervousness before standing up from the ground. Stretching out a hand, she curled her lips in a smile, hoping for him to grasp it.