𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟠

Her eyelids were weighed down by the unstoppable force of her sins. She found herself scribbling characters of text down on the stacks of paper in front of her, the stapled ones rearranged in order from case to case. Mira had spent hours working out her past, how reincarnation had worked — yet her unique magic did not allow her to dig far into context.

Nonetheless, she focused on the repeated cases of injuries.

Right, that should have been what she focused on in the first place. Aside from the complications about her messed up memories, her past self and her current self, she knew more than to not dwell on it too much. Shizuka, a name that she had whispered to herself many times as she sat on her wooden chair, could only make her visualise a girl with chocolate hair and hazel eyes. Mira couldn't recognise her face. She thought she knew the hazel eyes that shimmered when the pair of orbs met the cutest things sold in merchandise stores, yet the Shizuka that she had visualised now was nothing more than a scribbled face damaged with black ink.

Mira sighed as she swept her bangs from her field of vision. She knew she would have overblotted if it weren't for Valaine's mana restraining magic, something that was rarely taught to people and only for those professionally thriving in the magic protection industry — a field of study that was still new to this day. Glad that she was given assistance, Mira decided to let go of her personal shizazzles for now and analyse the current situation.

"Right, Mira, Nikki — ugh, whoever! focus! Focccusss!" She quietly hissed to herself as she placed her two index fingers to the side of her head, trying to communicate with who-what-when-where-why. Her pewter grey jacket rustled as she did so. "Tenth mana potion of the day, velvet heartbeat!"

In an instant, her room shook; the small plushies that she had gotten as a present for making into NRC toppling off the side of her bed, the dust that whisked down the corners of the walls like the first snow and the timber ever so slightly thumping to the waves of her  unique magic. Like her unique magic's name, Velvet Heartbeat, she was able to figure another clue out in a single beating of her tired heart.

"Hmm, mah boi Ruggie did it again, huh?" She clicked her tongue before her thin arms reached out for the spare sheets of paper. Mira couldn't help but feel like something was caught in her stomach every single time Ruggie was involved with Leona's plan on injuring his opponents right before the Magical Shift tournament. In fact, she knew very well of his personality and ways of  plotting, but it seemed that her mind wouldn't stop bouncing and dancing in irritation when she realised that her dear friend was being used.

This time, the victim was Trey.

"Trey Clover, class 3-E, number four on the roll of age eighteen," she mumbled, as her eyes closed. Through her eyelids, she saw coordinates, grids, diagrams and before she knew it, her imagination was overwritten with new information scattering in her brain. Once she opened her eyes, she got to work. Writing the personal information of the new victim and recording his appearance by using summoning magic to print his student picture on the sheet of paper with the wave of her magical pen, Mira slumped back on her chair in success.

Using her unique magic and drinking over the limits of mana potions took quite the toll to her body. Rubbing her eyes and yawning, her arms jiggled out to ease the muscle pain. Scratching her scalp and groaning in realisation that she had yet to take a shower, she mentally promised to the body that she would wash off soon. In the meantime, she glared back at the never-ending piles of documents that were left to complete into crushing Savanaclaw's dorm leader's scheme.

The last thing I want to do is cause a situation where he overblots, but that is waaay too risky. No one would forgive me if I caused it, too.