𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟙𝟘

🌻

"So? What is it that you request?"

Mira found herself gripping onto the fabric of her opening ceremony uniform, the black shirt slightly tight around her chest despite the binder wrapped around her body. She was glad the coat was handy, especially since Mostro Lounge had some form of cooling agent that caused her to shiver every single time she walked in for work. Today, unfortunately, she had decided to give in to no one other than Azul Ashengrotto, the last person she had told herself to trust. Despite knowing that he was going to be some sort of trouble later on, she didn't care as long as she had gotten her information.

As much research as she did, Mira realised that using her unique magic for matters relating to how Octanivelle's business operated had caused her to overwork herself. Knowing that she did not want to risk overblotting, she decided to wait until her shift was over so she could discuss things with the shady business. Her first thought when she had heard of their miracle in the works via some students who had gotten their wishes fulfilled was that they had some sort of black market knowledge; this wasn't Earth, first of all, and she knew that as long as the Savanaclaw cheating issue could be revealed, perhaps she could handle them for a while.

"Yes," she said calmly. Mira studied the VIP room that the twins had ushered her into entering, knowing that she had some sort of wish that she wanted them to grant. Rumours were true, once she had considered asking them - they appeared out of nowhere as if they could read her mind. "I know I said some harsh things about not wanting to accept some sort of trade like this, but it seems that I've gotten myself in some trouble."

"As long as you can tell us the details, nothing can be unsolved," Azul answered like the businessman he was. She shifted her amber orbs to the twins who sat on the other sofa, smiles of mischief as clear as day. Despite meaning mischief, she wondered why Jade had some sort of worried looks in his eyes, especially when she followed them with determination to find Azul.

"I want you to tell me what sort of request Savanaclaw has asked of you in regards to the Magical Shift tournament," Mira stated as her hand gestured forward, her unwavering sense of honesty getting the best of her. For a second, she saw their eyes widening in surprise, possibly because she did not request something in her favour - but for someone else's matter.

Azul lowered his eyes to observe Mira's posture, seeing the willpower in her eyes filled with the strength to sacrifice herself. His grip on his cane tightened for a moment before he leaned closer from the seat, his leg on the other. "To think you would come all the way here to wish for such a thing - you do know what I exchange for, yes? It is your unique magic that you put on the line this time, not money."

"Of course I know about that - you're the shady type," she answered with a sigh as she earned an offended look from the silver-haired man. "But unfortunately I don't have many ties with people who I can ask for help...and it seems that you guys are certainly associated with this matter more than anything else."

"Hm. First of all, what is your unique magic?"

"It's called Velvet Heartbeat. I can gather information with a single inquiry, but the more specific I go the more harm it does," Mira explained. "This is one of them, I guess. Since the deadline towards the Magical Shift tournament is drawing awfully close, I've been using my unique magic at an unhealthy rate. That being said, I kinda need the information as soon as possible."

"But why Savanaclaw? I don't think you have some sort of involvement here," Azul lifted an eyebrow, still confused from her motive. Despite asking so, he clicked his fingers before a glowing parchment materialised, floating on top of his palm. "Haaaaah, anyway, we will still be making the deal. In exchange for your unique magic, I will give you the information for what Savanaclaw requests of us. This shouldn't affect our profit, after all."