𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟞

"I'm surprised no one has called you Gucci Bucchi yet."

It was currently lunchtime, almost everyone's favourite time of the school day not taking into account of loopholes such as going back to their dorm is a time of day. Mira, who had lined up in order to buy karaage chicken and her hair tied up to see a lot more clearly, folded her arms as she stood beside her friend, uh, sorry, mother. Ruggie was appointed to buy the deluxe menchi katsu sandwich for the one-and-only Leona Kingscholar.

He returned her statement with a look of disgust. "Gucci and Bucchi are antonyms. Ever since your fever is gone, you've been a lot weirder lately — and it's been days."

Looking up to his height, she gave a wistful smile. She knew she had gotten a bit loose when it came to her emotions lately, but perhaps it was because she had a good sleep after her fever that made her gain back all her mischievous childhood excitement. "Huh? You're saying me being enthusiastic is a bad thing? Should I stay quiet? Do you want my sociopathic attitude to become worse?"

No. It wasn't her who was being weird lately. In fact, it was Ruggie himself who started to see his friend in a different way. From time to time, he would notice the smallest details whenever he saw her in the hallway walking to class, talking to other people, ordering food from the canteen, or even seeing her out in the field struggling to use her broom. He would either laugh and mock her, slightly find his tail weirdly swish from side-to-side when Jade got too close to her or even finding himself thinking about how well she was doing during class time.

"Gweh!? Now that you interrupted me, the last deluxe menchi katsu sandwich was taken!" He changed the subject as he stared at the front, hearing the ghost taking care of the sales call out the end of the sale. She glared at his ability to see all the way to the front — her height definitely not helping her know when her order would somehow go out of stock before she made it to the line.

Mira placed her hands on her hips before sighing in simple directness. "That's just because you've been awkwardly quiet y'know? Is Leona going to kill you if you order something else with that horrifyingly expensive wallet of his?"

"Of course he would!"

"Then," she smirked before tapping her finger on her forehead to indicate her unique magic. "Allow me to play dirty. Velvet Heartbeat~!" Right as she activated her unique magic, he felt some sort of wave pick up from the floor despite the number of people standing around them. He wondered if that was because of her unique magic, staring at her amber eyes as she managed to get a lead.

She turned to him and stared at him for a single second, his eyes blinking in confusion. Before he knew it, he felt her tug on his blazer sleeve, then whisking her body around and pulled him with her. "Within approximately 5 metres in radius, 127 degrees, 19 minutes and 23.12 seconds north-west, there is a student who just received their deluxe menchi katsu sandwich. You know where I'm leading to, right?"

Ruggie stood there, stunned at her true power and a smile that looked like a loaded gun before returning the same mischievous grin. "I was not expecting you to play dirty this bad — your unique magic is pretty useful."

She gave a look that she called 'don't-state-the-obvious' before she stopped her tracks, causing her friend to bump into her from behind. "Hm? How unlucky, Grim is the chosen one. Meh, I can always give him some canned tuna — he's been eating away my fridge for ages now. Alrighty, you approach them and act all normal before using your unique magic to swap out the food using that mini bean paste bread that you got there." As they walked closer, her eyes locked with Yuu's along with other people in her group.