𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟙𝟜

IM SORRY THAT I DIDNT UPDATE IN A WEEK I HAD HEALTH ISSUES 

ill be trying a double update today yall.

***

Valaine paused her tracks when she realised the man beside her had gone missing. Sweat instantly rushed down her face as she slapped her cheeks together, panicking and anxious as she frantically looked around for the familiar figure of the man. Since when did he escape? He was literally right beside her smiling in false courtesy a minute ago — how quick was he to use his unique magic and teleport?

"Damnit, if he catches Mira then our plan..." She muttered to herself as she pulled her heels off her foot, then dashing on the brick pathway of the campus in search for the girl just in case she had gotten herself in danger. Having him chase her was the last thing Valaine had planned, the troubling and sickening feeling of disappointment building upon her chest as she tried her best to identify the seaweed hair bobbing around.

Those three...they look like they're the managers of the event I should ask them if they knew where she went.

"E-Excuse me!" Valaine puffed as she raced towards them; feeling as if she had run an entire marathon. "Have you seen my daughter? Her name is Mira Ebony..."

"Mira Ebony?" The silver-haired male standing in the centre of the group repeated in question. "To think the duchess has lost her daughter, Floyd, Jade, would you help this lady search for the missing person?"

"Understood."

"Finaally, a game of hide and seek~."

Valaine felt her chances of winning decrease as she glanced around worriedly, hoping that the girl would be fine on her way to solve her own matters. She didn't hear the entire plan from the soul in her daughter's body yet; quite confused about what she had to go through. She understood, though, the dangers of what would happen if they had both crossed paths. The man would use the brute force of his wand as if she was nothing to him and she would have to keep her stamina if she wanted to avoid all the magic that came from it.

Who knew what would happen if they had engaged in a fight?

🌻

Her legs bent down before a beam of water erupted from the wand Nicholai grasped in his hand. No doubt was he a strong magic user; he was able to launch from attack to attack in a well-planned manner. Ranging from the increase in defence to the knowledge of elements, Mira found her stamina depleting at a drastic rate as she threw herself from wall to wall in order to dodge the beams of madness from injuring her.

Her amber orbs scanned her surroundings; what could she do to distract the man from attacking her? Biting her lip, she found nothing scattered around them that could assist her.

Until she looked up.

The chandeliers. They aren't as expensive as the ones from the other buildings since these just light up without the use of magic...the fairies aren't in charge of the lighting here either.

If I can make the chandelier fall on him — that'll give me more than enough time to run and find the Hall of Mirrors.

"What happened to making me obey you?" He snickered as he twirled his wand around his fingers, earning a little scowl from the girl. "Now, now, don't you think it's time to be obedient?"

"Obedient? What am I — a dog?" She asked as she returned the same look. "Oh whoops, sorry, even dogs in this world don't need to obey. Seems like you've gotten the wrong phrase. If anything, I should be asking you if you can oh-so-politely move out of the way since I'm in a big rush."