˗ˏˋ𝟮𝟰ˎˊ*•.[𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗦𝗻𝗮𝗽] ࿐ྂ。

📍AVENGERS COMPOUND

📍AVENGERS COMPOUND

☄. *. ⋆

After carrying out the Time Heist plan, Rocket, Bruce, and Tony fit the Infinity Stones into the Glove that the two scientists had made together.

"Alright, the glove's ready," Rocket announced, "Question is, who's gonna snap their freakin' fingers?"

"I'll do it," Thor volunteered instantly and walked forward.

"Excuse me," Tony didn't know if he heard it right.

"It's okay," he tried to walk past him but Steve and Tony pushed him back.

"Stop, Stop. Slow down,"

"Wait, wait, Thor," Steve persuaded, "Just wait. We haven't decided who's gonna put that on."

"I'm sorry what, we're all just sitting around, waiting for the right opportunity?" Thor asked.

"We should at least discuss it," Scott offered.

"Look, sitting here, staring at this thing is not gonna bring everybody back. I'm the strongest Avenger, okay? So this responsibility falls upon me,"

"Normally, you're right," Tony stood in front him.

"It's my duty,"

"It's not about that,"

"Hey buddy—"

"Stop it! Just let me—" Thor broke off and gripped Tony's hand on his chest, "Just let me do it. Just let me do it. Just let me do something good," his voice wavered, "Something right,"

"Look, it's not just the fact that that Glove is channelling enough energy to light up a continent," Tony explained, "I'm telling you. You're in no condition,"

"What do you think is coursing through my veins right now?" Thor scoffed.

"Cheez Whiz?" Rhodey commented.

He pointed at him with a look and added to Tony, "Lightning,"

"Lightning won't help you pal," Bruce spoke up, "It's gotta be me. You saw what those Stones did to Thanos. It almost killed him. None of you could survive it,"

"How do we know you will?" Steve asked.

"We don't," he stepped forward, "But the radiation's mostly gamma. It's like I was made for this,"

With that decision made, everyone stood back as Bruce held the Glove in his hand. Thor and Rocket were standing together in front of a table, both equally anxious.

"Good to go, yeah?" Tony walked towards Clint.

Bruce looked up at him, "Let's do it,"

"Okay, remember, everyone Thanos snapped away five years ago, you're just bringing them back to now, today," he clarified, "Don't change anything from the last five years,"

"Got it,"

Steve walked up to his side, fully armed and held his shield in front of him. Scott and Rhodey activated the masks of their suits and closed it around their faces.

Thor held a hand in front of Rocket protectively and pushed the raccoon behind him. Rocket put on his goggles.

Tony tapped his arc reactor twice; his Ironman suit crawled out and concealed him under it. The helmet shut around his head and face and he held a laser shield in front of himself and Clint, "FRIDAY, do me a favour and activate Barn Door Protocol, will ya?"

"Yes boss," the AI responded; Metal doors closed over ever door and window of the building, leaving light to enter only through the transparent glass ceiling.

"Everbody comes home," Bruce told to himself and put his hand into the red metal Glove. Metal plates expand and shift to fit into his arm. As soon as it locked around his arm, Bruce fell to his knee; multicoloured bolts of energy travelled up his arm from the glove. He groaned in pain at the coursing energy and it started to build up.

"Take it off!" Thor spluttered, "Take it off!"

"No, wait," Steve interrupted, "Bruce, are you okay?"

"Talk to me, Banner," Tony started to grow worried.

It took a few moments, but Bruce managed to nod and assure through the pain, "I'm okay, I'm okay." 

Thor anxiously gave a double thumbs up and Rocket placed his hand on Thor's shoulders.

Fighting through the pain, Bruce lifted his right arm with the help of his left. With great difficulty, he snapped; a bright white light flashed over the room, blinding everyone for a moment. The Glove slipped off of his hand to the ground to reveal his badly damaged arm and he fell on his back.

"Bruce!" Steve kneeled down next to him as Clint kicked the glove away as it smoked.

"Don't move," Tony instructed and shot ice from his repulsors up Bruce's injured arm.

Bruce gripped Steve's wrist and Thor kneeled down, "Did it work?"

"We're not sure. It's okay," Thor silenced him, placing a hand on his forehead for comfort. The Barn Door Protocol was removed; the metal doors opened and Scott walked over to the windows. The sun was brighter as birds chirped happily outside.

Scott looked out of the window in wonder, "Guys," His voice was in an awed whisper, "I think it worked,"

Bruce looked up at the window above him as a shadow crosses over his vision to see a very, very large ship which as just fired a blast.

The blast that shattered the windows and sent Scott flying as he shrink himself to reduce any damage to himself. More shots were released from Thanos' ship, damaging the entire Avengers property and successively burying everyone in the rubble.

≿━━━━━༺❀༻━━━━━≾

Tony led the way as Steve followed him. They reached an opening of the tunnel formed by the collapsed building and walked out of it.

Standing on the edge of the broken debris was Thor, staring ahead at something beyond the collapsed buildings. The two followed his gaze and saw Thanos, seated on a block of concrete with his double-ended sword fixated on the ground beside him. His helmet was rested on top of it.

"What's he been doing?" Tony asked sharply when the Titan lifted his head to look up at the four.

"Absolutely nothing," Thor answered, shaking his head in disbelief.

"Where are the Stones?" Steve's eyes were locked on Thanos.

"Somewhere under all this," Tony glanced at him, "All I know is that he doesn't have them."

"We better keep it that way,"

The men nodded, clenching their jaws for a moment.

"You know this is a trap, right?" Thor pointed out.

"Yeah," Tony agreed slowly, "I don't much care."

"Good. Just as long as we're all in agreement,"

Thunder rumbled in the sky and Thor outstretched both of his hands. A streak of lightning hit him and both Stormbreaker and Mjolnir flew to his hands. His beard was braided, hair tied up in a half bun and he was now in his armour. 

"Let's kill him properly, this time,"

≿━━━━━༺❀༻━━━━━≾