˗ˏˋ𝟮𝟬ˎˊ*•.[𝗥𝗲𝘀𝘁𝗮𝗿𝘁𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗳𝗼𝗿𝗴𝗲] ࿐ྂ。

☄

☄. *. ⋆

Rocket had got back in the pod, and Thor, without any environmental suit, jumped from the hull onto the ring surface with a cable in his hand attached to the pod.

 "I don't think you get the scientifics here," Rocket spoke from inside the pod, "These rings are gigantic. You wanna get them moving, you're gonna need something a lot bigger to yank 'em loose,"

"Leave that to me," Thor brushed of the confidence.

"Leave that to you? Buddy, you're in space. All you got is a rope and a—" he was cut off when Thor began to swing the pod around him in a circle, causing the raccoon to scream.

Thor built up speed with three good loops then slacked his grip enough to send the pod shooting straight away from Nidavellir, trailing him behind it like a kite tail, "Fire the engines!"

After recovering himself, Rocket put the proverbial pedal to the metal.

As the pod skimmed over the surface of the next ring out, Thor reached down and dug one hand into the surface, then both feet, finally getting a foothold against the forward motion of the pod.

Black mists began to crawl on the surface of the hull, reaching out to the ring axis of Nidavellir. You began to struggle as you tried to aid Thor in moving in the rings.

With the combined effort, the ice-like accumulation around the ring axis crackled slightly.

"More—Power—Rabbit!" Thor grunted.

Rocket accelerated the pod for all its worth. Finally. the rings began to spin free, realigning into effective configuration as the star burst back into life.

"Well done, you two," Eitri muttered in awe and pride.

Getting go and relaxing yourself, you looked back up at the glowing star, mesmerized by the sight.

Thor, clutching the pod's forward windows, pointed to the star, "That's Nivadellir!" 

Rocket gazed at the blazing core in amazement, his eyes shining.

An iris on the cladding around the star opened, firing pure stellar heat through the ring portals and into the forge. But soon enough, the damaged mechanism failed, crumbled loose and slammed shut. The iris closed and the beam of light trailed off.

 Eitri looked up, now joining your side as he had rushed over to help you back to your feet, he cursed in frustration, " Damn it,"

"'Damn it'? What's 'damn it'?" Rocket questioned through the comms. 

"The mechanism is crippled,"

"What?" Thor spoke, frowning to himself.

"So what does that mean?" you looked up at the dwarf next to you.

Eitri shook his head, "With the iris closed I can't heat the metal,"

"How long will it take to heat?"  Thor asked.

"A few minutes, maybe more. Why?" 

Thor stood up on the pod hull, "I'm gonna hold it open,"

"What—no!" you stammered in exclamation.

"That's suicide," Eitri warned.

" So is facing Thanos without that axe and staff," he leaped from the pod into the star's iris.

≿━━━━━༺❀༻━━━━━≾

Thor prepared to open the iris of Nidavellir, "Allfathers, give me strength,"

"You understand, boy?" Eitri questioned, exchanging a worried look with you,  "You're about to take the full force of a star. It'll kill you,"

Thor took a deep breath, "Only if I die,"

Eitri was boggled, "Yes. That's what—'killing you' means,"

Thor grasped the two levers and pulled them down and towards himself, slowly opening the iris. The stream of stellar energy blasts pasts him and into the forge once again.

"Hold it! Hold it, Thor!" Eitri watched the metal ingots melt while Thor is looking increasingly charred, and you felt anxiety rise in you.

Finally, Eitri was able to tip the cauldron, pouring the metal into the mold just as Thor passed out.

The jet carried him into the forge, Rocket followed hastily and landing after Thor bounced limply off a structure to land on the floor. Groot finally looks up from his game at the thump Thor's body made.

Rocket kneeled over the god, "Thor! Say something. Come on. Thor, you okay?"

"Shit, shit, shit," you rushed over to the place, patting your boyfriend's cheek in an attempt to wake him up, but you retracted your hand back at the sight of the burns on his skin.

Eitri clumsily and urgently pulled the molds, still glowing hot, onto the floor, breaking it loose from its frames, then starts punching the mold itself with his metal fists to free the axe. He does the same with the mold of the staff.

"I think he's dying!" you chided in worry, glancing at Eitri.

"He needs the axe!" Eitri exclaimed, looking around, "Where's the handle? Tree, help me find the handles of both the axe and staff!" 

Stormbreaker's two sections  the hammer and the axeblade   laid glowing on the floor. Groot looked sadly at you and Thor, then scowled with determination. 

He stood, extending his fingers towards Stormbreaker, growing them at extraordinary speed. As he twined them around the two parts. He cried out at the burning pain, but he didn't hesitate, slamming them together and locking them permanently into one structure. He raised it above his head, and with a mighty cry, chops his extended arm with his other hand to sever it at the right length.

Thor's fingers twitched; and the new weapon levitated and a crackle of lightning echoed by the sparks between Thor's fingers.

≿━━━━━༺❀༻━━━━━≾