6. Phir Le Aaya

𝑲𝒊𝒔𝒎𝒆𝒕 𝒌𝒐 𝒉𝒂𝒊 𝒚𝒆 𝒎𝒂𝒏𝒛𝒐𝒐𝒓 𝒌𝒊𝒚𝒂 𝒌𝒆𝒆𝒋𝒆

𝑴𝒊𝒍𝒕𝒆 𝒓𝒂𝒉𝒆 𝒉𝒖𝒎 𝒃𝒂𝒅𝒂𝒔𝒕𝒐𝒐𝒓 𝒌𝒊𝒚𝒂 𝒌𝒆𝒆𝒋𝒆

I hear a shrill cry yelling my name. The sound echoed in the area around me surrounded by darkness. Twirling on my heel, I suddenly bump into Maryam. Her face was adorned with a smile she graced me with, her hand held the double chocolate chip muffin I brought her from McDonald's. I take a step forward in her direction, my hand reaching out to touch her cheek right after which she disappears into thin air.

A frown makes its way to my face. My feet halt, eyes trying to look through the darkness again. Somewhere in the distance, I notice a single ball of light coming my way. Squinting, I raise a hand to shield my face. The vroom of the engine reached my ears, starting to rise every passing second. One second it was far away and the next I am just a mere step away from being hit. I make a leap to the left, missing the motorbike by an inch. 

The sound of something crashing, followed by a loud scream came from behind me. Swiftly getting to my feet, I make my way like a blind man into the gloaming dark night until she comes into view.

Sitting there in a pool of her blood, Maryam sobs when her eyes find me. She still had the white dress on her, now stained with deep red color.

"Imran," She pants, extending her arms towards me. "Help me!"

A loud gasp leaves my mouth as I shoot into a sitting position. Blinking rapidly, I glance around to find myself in my room. Sunlight seeped in through the windows to my right. I take deep breaths, running a hand through my hair. My heart continued to drum against my chest.

"Ya Allah!" I heave, wiping the sweat off my forehead and my neck. My tongue fell dry against my mouth as I tried to gulp. The thin sleeveless tank I wore to bed was drenched with perspiration.

Reaching for the nightstand on my right, I flip my phone over to see the time which was quarter to 9. I fall back on the mattress, use my feet to kick the duet over me, and change sides, attempting to fall back asleep.

The moment my eyes close shut, images of Maryam in her blood-stained attire flash across my eyes. I open my eyes again, with a shake of my head before closing them again but to no avail. I kept on seeing that white dress, Maryam's face, and blood surrounded by darkness.

With a defeated sigh, I swing my feet, sliding them into the slide-on, and amble towards the wooden door of my room. Pulling it open, I take slow steps towards the staircase. The door of Fahad bhaiya's room was shut, which meant they were still in. Descending the stairs, I amble into the living room where Mummy and daddy already were seated on the couch, sipping their morning tea on a Sunday. 

"Assalam Alaikum," I announce my presence with a small smile, making my way over to them.

"Walaikum assalam, mera bacha!" Mummy coos, giving me a wide smile.