24. Ishqzaade

𝑯𝒖𝒎 𝒌𝒐 𝒌𝒉𝒖𝒅 𝒎𝒆𝒊𝒏 𝒔𝒉𝒂𝒎𝒊𝒍 𝒌𝒂𝒓 𝒍𝒆

𝑨𝒃 𝒕𝒐 𝒌𝒉𝒖𝒅 𝒌𝒆 𝒌𝒂𝒂𝒃𝒊𝒍 𝒌𝒂𝒓 𝒍𝒆

"Baby, what shirt am I supposed to be wearing today?" I yell from where I was standing in the closet

"Baby, what shirt am I supposed to be wearing today?" I yell from where I was standing in the closet. Tossing the towel wrapped around my waist, I swiftly put my boxers on.

"The grey one." Maryam answered.

"Which grey?" I inquire, grabbing a white undershirt and throwing it over my torso.

"Dark grey."

Still not satisfied, I ask a final question.

"The one on the right or the one on the left?" I smile victoriously when I hear a frustrated huff, followed by rushed footsteps coming my way.

"This one right here," Maryam grabs the hanger of the shirt and thrusts it into my chest. I reward Maryam with a smile and quickly loop my arms through it. The next query was ready to roll off my tongue.

"Shona, where is my trouser?" It's a groan this time, followed by heavy footsteps. I cast her a grateful smile again, taking the pant from her outstretched hand.

I could see her frustration rise by the second as I continued to push her buttons mercilessly. So close to bursting out, she was. 

Hopping into the perfectly ironed piece of cloth, I couldn't hold myself from going with the aakhri padhav.

"Jaanu, where is my–"

"Ek aur sawal agar tum pooche, yeich belt se marungi main Imran tumko." She grits, assuming I asked for a belt and wasted no time in pulling open the drawers of my wardrobe and threatening me with it.

"I was going to ask for a tie, but thanks anyway." I grin, taking it from her hands. 

"What is this behavior?" Maryam demands.

"Whaaaaaatt? Kuch ghalat kara main?" I ask with all the innocence in me.

"Cheezan tumhare saamne hai, and you're asking me to come and give it to you. How does that make sense?"

"It makes perfect sense because you've taken charge of me and everything related to me, no? You cook dinner, pack me lunch every day, ready my things before sleeping, and press my clothes too. Itna discipline se to main school me bhi nahi tha."

"Ji, ji." She nods at me with a sarcastic look. "Isliyea aaj ye halat hai. Thoda aankh kholke dekh bhi liya karo apne aas paas. I keep all your thing in front of you, in your closet. Main tumhare cheezan leke bhaag nahi jaati, that you need to call me for the smallest of things."

"That's not true."

"Are you kidding me?"

"Nope." I deadpan.