29. Haareya

𝑴𝒖𝒋𝒉𝒆 𝒊𝒔𝒉𝒒 𝒚𝒆𝒉 𝒌𝒂𝒓𝒏𝒆 𝒔𝒆 

 𝑨𝒃 𝒌𝒐𝒊 𝒃𝒉𝒊 𝒏𝒂 𝒓𝒐𝒌 𝒔𝒂𝒌𝒆𝒚𝒂

It was another workday, and I was driving into the portico of Barkat Villa at night, earlier than usual

It was another workday, and I was driving into the portico of Barkat Villa at night, earlier than usual. Another unusual thing today was Fahad bhaiya pulling in beside me at the same time and parking his bike.

"Kiya baat hai, chote miya," He says, taking off his helmet. "Aaj ghar jaldi aagaye?"

I nod, imitating his moves, and ruffle my hair. "Can't stay away for long," I admit with a tilt of my head and kiss my teeth.

"Me too," He agreed. Together in perfect sync, as though we were the main leads in a film, unmount our vehicles and make our way towards the front door of our heavenly abode.

"Door kholne teri baji aane wali hai." Bhaiya says, after ringing the doorbell.

"Challenge?" I ask with a sly smile.

"Nahi, fact."

I scoff. "Jaane do, bhaiya. Chote bhai ke saamne naak kat jaingi aapki."

Now it was his turn to scoff. "Challenge?"

"You know how much I love challenges."

"Ye dialogue main bohot pehle boldiyea." He smirks in return.

"To bet karlo. If Maryam gets the door, then you give me 500. If baji gets the door, I give you 500."

"Chal, theek hai." We turn to look to stand facing the front door with anticipating smiles as we waited for our wives to receive us. Several seconds go by until we hear footsteps approaching the other side of the door.

"It must be bhai- Arey, wah!" Maryam exclaims and says her salam.

"Aye hayeee!" I howl, ready to sweep her off the floor and smother her face with kisses. "Walaikum assalam, meri jaan."

"Ruko zara, sabar karo. Teri jaan ke peeche meri jaan hai." Bhaiya points towards Saira baji who stood behind Maryam in the foyer. Keyword, behind.

"Peeche doesn't count. First come, first win." I grin, snaking my arm around my wife's waist.

"What are you doing?" Maryam hissed at me, swatting and clawing at my hand and trying to wriggle free.

"I just won a bet," I announce and peck her cheek.

"With?" Baji inquires, coming to stand beside bhaiya.

"Your shohar."

"I didn't lose." He defended. "Neither did he win. Saira was right behind Maryam. She was here."

"Kitne ki bet thi?" Maryam inquires.

"500." I tell her before turning my attention back to bhaiya. "But Maryam came first, bhaiya. Podium pe 3 drivers aaye to kiya hota? Points to sab se zyada first position ko ich milte." But he shook his head, ready to argue until Maryam spoke up.