9. Bheegi Si

𝑱𝒂𝒂𝒈𝒊 𝑨𝒂𝒏𝒌𝒉𝒐𝒏 𝑲𝒐 𝑩𝒉𝒊 𝑺𝒂𝒑𝒏𝒂 𝑴𝒊𝒍𝒆𝒈𝒂
𝑲𝒐𝒊 𝑲𝒉𝒖𝒔𝒉𝒊 𝑨𝒂𝒏𝒆 𝑲𝒂 𝑩𝒉𝒊 𝑨𝒏𝒅𝒆𝒔𝒉𝒂 𝑯𝒂𝒊

I try and keep my eyes on the yellow tennis ball which was coming my way with the speed of lightning instead of the person throwing it

I try and keep my eyes on the yellow tennis ball which was coming my way with the speed of lightning instead of the person throwing it. Instinctively, my hands clutching the bat tighter and I swing it, a little too early for the ball to miss the bat and strike the mid-wicket, yet again. Imran lets out an evil snicker, his shoulder quaking in the process.

"Bhaiya! Imran is cheating!" I whine and blame it on Imran because I can and I have the power to. Because of Fahad bhaiya.

"What have I done?!" Imran's snicker stops abruptly.

"He's bowling that way on purpose so I miss and go LBW every single time!"

"You say it because you're not good at cricket," He flashes me that devilishly handsome smirk which makes me go haywire all the time. Turns out, it still hasn't lost its charm and I have yet to grow out of it.

"I do not play cricket because it is a stupidly overrated game," I say, fixing him with a glare and putting my crush mode away for the time being. 

He had asked, no, requested me, to be my old self for the next one and a half day. And after giving him a taste of my nakhre, I agreed.

For the past months, I had to force myself away, and steer my mind clear of his thoughts. I had had a really hard time schooling myself to be distant, quiet, and not go all giggly and flirty around him. What I had no clue about was I bore all that pain to be only dumped on the side of the highway along with my vomit just in a matter of seconds. That, in addition to the look he shot me. 

The unmistakable glint of hope in his eyes.

"Maryam, you missed another ball." Saira points out as though I was blind.

"I know, and I am here fighting for my rights!"

"What rights?!" She ridiculed. "You missed and we are clearly losing this match."

"Because of me?!" I exclaim horrified.

"Of course, because of you!"

I fake a gasp of offense and hurt before turning to glance at Fahad bhaiya, working my abla naari magic on him. "Bhaiya, look how your wife is treating me!"

"Jaana, give the girl a brea---" Fahad bhaiya intervenes, although he is in the opposite team. Because family comes first.

"Jaan, don't you dare get started with the older brother mode, now."

"You're breaking her heart!" He defends.

"How?"

"By discouraging her."