30. Alvida

𝑲𝒖𝒄𝒉𝒉 𝒃𝒉𝒊 𝒏𝒂 𝒔𝒖𝒏𝒂, 𝒌𝒂𝒃 𝒌𝒂 𝒕𝒉𝒂 𝒈𝒊𝒍𝒂
𝑲𝒂𝒊𝒔𝒆 𝒌𝒆𝒉 𝒅𝒊𝒚𝒂 𝒂𝒍𝒗𝒊𝒅𝒂

After hanging up, I cautiously make my way toward my beautiful wife who lay asleep having no care in the world

After hanging up, I cautiously make my way toward my beautiful wife who lay asleep having no care in the world. Maryam was curled into a ball, covered up in the duet. The light from the side lamp gave her pale skin a golden glow.

Slowly sitting down beside her on the edge of the mattress, I trace my fingers down her temple, tucking the dark locks of hair behind her ear. Being the light sleeper she is, Maryam lets out a soft sigh. Her eyes flutter open and when her gaze meets mine, she smiles.

"What time is it?"

"3 in the morning."

"Hmmm," She hummed, scooting closer to me and closing her eyes again. A beat of silence passed by after which I call her name again.

"Maryam,"

"Shhhh! Let me sleep." Maryam mumbled.

"You have to get up," I tell her, enjoying her cuteness and going into panic mode at the same time. "Chalo,"

"Babuuuuuuu!" She groaned when I slipped my hand around her waist and pulled her up into a sitting position. There was a frown on her face which only deepened as her eyes met mine again. "You just don't let me sleep." She accused.

I gulp my spit having no clue how to go ahead. The corner of my mouth twitched upward into anything closer to a smile I could offer and peck her forehead. Then, carrying her bridal style into the washroom, I set her down on the counter. 

With my hands cupping her face, I say the words.

"We have to be somewhere now. I want you to quickly freshen up so we can leave ASAP." Maybe it was the words or the serious expression I had on me that gave her the signal.

Sleep cleared from her face slowly then all together and she gulps. Her eyes widen and I feel her tense in her place.

"Is everything-"

"Breathe," I instruct, cutting her off. "No matter what happens today, I have your back. Always." My thumb caresses her cheeks as she nods wordlessly in response. In return, I nod my head and take a step away from her.

Leaving Maryam in the bathroom, I grab a change of clothes for myself and sweatpants for her. We don't waste any more time and once ready, I grab my bike keys and together we make our way downstairs in the quiet of the night.

My heart thumps in my chest at a very abnormal pace, as we make our way toward the front door of Barkat, my thoughts running wild. The air outside was cool, stars shining above us through the dark sky. With one hand gripping the handle of Kaali in place, I lace my left hand with hers and hold it firm on my thigh. Giving it a reassuring squeeze every other second as we ride in silence to our destination, Khan Manzil.