Character Aesthetics & Prologue

𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄

"I'm stealing my chances from you, Maryam. Take it as my makeup for all the time lost. And know this, you're going to fall in love with me. Again. Only this time, I'll fall with you."

There was no way Imran was saying all this to Maryam. There was no way he was admitting what she's only dreamt of. There was no way he was telling the truth. There was no way he meant it.

Maybe it's a sick game he's playing with me. Maryam thought.

Because no matter whatever words rolled off his tongue, the only thing that reached her ears was from a year ago.

'I am not the least bit interested in you.'

'How many times do I have to tell you off?!'

'I hate it every time when you try to come close.'

'Have you no self-respect at all?! Or do you find this amusing?'

'I do not love you and I never will! Get that through the thick skin of your head.'

Maryam had to clamp her eyes shut and pull her fingers in a tight fist not to let the flashbacks hit. No matter how many times she's schooled herself to stay away from her feelings for him and from him, all of it went down the drain.

She felt the awfully familiar tingles shoot up her wrist where his warm hand held her. Her heartbeat skyrocketed when she glanced over her shoulder to look at him.

His face held an exasperated look. Imran suddenly looked tired as though he's been having issues sleeping. Despite that, he looked at her with a fierce emotion she'd never seen on him ever before. Imran's hold didn't hurt her like the last time. It was firm, yet gentle somehow. There was no hint of mischieve in his stance which made her believe him. Just a tad bit.

"So, this is what karma looks like." She amused, flashing him the slightest of smirks.

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐑𝐀𝐂𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐀𝐄𝐒𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐓𝐈𝐂𝐒

✨ 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐑𝐀𝐂𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐀𝐄𝐒𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐓𝐈𝐂𝐒 ✨

⚜️ 𝑺𝒉𝒆 𝒍𝒐𝒗𝒆𝒅 𝒉𝒊𝒎 𝒇𝒊𝒓𝒔𝒕. ⚜️

⚜️ 𝑯𝒆 𝒃𝒓𝒐𝒌𝒆 𝒉𝒆𝒓 𝒇𝒊𝒓𝒔𝒕

⚜️ 𝑯𝒆 𝒃𝒓𝒐𝒌𝒆 𝒉𝒆𝒓 𝒇𝒊𝒓𝒔𝒕. ⚜️

Hello, hello! It's so nice to see you here ❣️

To all those who are new, I am Diha and I manage to write something when I get time between procrastinating and panicking. This is my fifth project and I am so glad you are joining me on this journey.

So, the Abdullah brothers are back! And I can't be anymore happier. My babies just seem to quickly come of age where I plot their stories in my mind. *wipes my motherly tears away

I wonder how many of you are here after reading 'Hona Tha Pyaar' which was Fahad Abdullah's story. A real hilarious book it was, I tell you. Not bragging, but it is what it is.

This is not a sequel to 'HTP', although most characters have already been introduced there. This is Imran and Maryam's story. *Yup, I know! I'm hella excited too!!*

Pareshani ki baat bilkul nahi hai. Kesariya can definitely be read as a stand-alone.

A very brief family tree for all the newbies and the bhulakkard old ones:

The Abdullahs:

Maqsood Abdullah and wife Hafsa Begum are parents to two handsome boys.

Fahad Abdullah who also has a beautiful wife Saira Malik. They are the bhaiya and baji of Imran Abdullah, the chote miya of the house.

The Khans:

Asra Malik (Saira's Pho) and husband Aarif Khan are parents to Maryam Khan and Emad Khan in that order. Both of them are young, in their teens but only 2 years apart.

Good news: I have held my fingers from loading the dialogues with Hyderabadi slang, and tried to keep it as light for you guys as I could. Also, expect early updates.

Bad news: This is nothing like Fahad and Saira's story. I request all the readers to not compare these two works because the characters and the storyline are poles apart. Also because that is something you'll see Imran and Maryam do all the time, you'll beg them to stop eventually. So, I request y'all to be patient with me and Imran and Maryam.

Once again, thanks for stopping by. I am super glad you didn't take the name of the book and the million memes made on it seriously and decided to give it a go. I hope we (the writer and the characters) live up to your expectations.

DM me for whatever questions you got. I'll be glad to answer them. I hope and pray, that 'Kesariya' gets the same amount of love 'Hona Tha Pyaar' got and a lot more. I was not planning to come back with the second book in the series if not for all the praise and appreciation Hitler, his Junglee billi and I got.

Much love,

~𝓓𝓲𝓱𝓪