A New Challenger Approaches!

BOOM!

"If your plan is to blow up every damn prototype, you're doing great! " Otto snapped as he wiped the soot off of his goggles, you looked down from the little nook you made for yourself at a pissed-off Otto and a triumphant Olivia.

"Oh please! That was only our... Hey Beautiful!" Olivia called out.

"Don't call her that..." Otto grumbled as he picked up the scraps of the failed actuator prototype.

"Well, she's answering to it." Olivia flashed you a smile "How many prototypes have failed?" she asked.

"Um..." you looked down at your tally marks. "...Eleven now," you called down.

"Thank you, did you do something new with your hair?"

"Olivia..." Otto warned.

"What, I can't ask a simple question?" she asked, her silver actuators hissed as they took the scraps from Otto's hands.

"I can't breathe in here." Otto grumbled as he strode outside, he immediately strode back inside "I can't breathe out there either! Augh was there always this much smog?" he asked.

"The west changed you... didn't it?" Olivia asked as she put her goggles back on.

"The sooner we make these... The sooner we can get back out there." Otto muttered.

You sighed as you looked at the sketches of Linda and Carl, you had hoped that they were out there... Running free, you would see them again, just as soon as the actuators were built and the two of you got out of the city that was choking you. You couldn't imagine growing up here, and-and Olivia lived here? And that Dr. Connors? Oh, those poor reptiles... You thought as you started to sketch absentmindedly, you were going to need a new one soon. You continued to sketch as Otto and Olivia went back to work on the actuators.

"Ay boss, I got a telegram for ya." a mobster rapped his knuckles against the door.

"Come in." a loud voice boomed.

The mobster hesitantly opened the door to see a beaten up, bloodied and bruised man hogtied and gagged in the center of the room. A large man was twirling a hot poker in the fireplace slowly, the red hot cast iron glowed as the man turned around, holding the poker up. He towered over the man and poked him with the poker, the man howled in pain through the gag. The large man cackled, as he looked up at the mobster.

"Wanna try Charles?" he asked.

"Ah, Kingpin you're too kind but-"
" I insist."

Charles gulped as he took the poker, and poked the man in the side. The man let out a scream and Kingpin roared with laughter, Charles joined in nervously as Kingpin snatched the poker out of his hands and set it back in the fire.

"Can't do it back to back, otherwise they'll get used to it." Kingpin explained. "What does it say?"
"What?" Charles looked up.

"The telegram, what does it say?" Kingpin held up the poker and looked down at Charles "Come on kid I don't got all day."

Charles quickly nodded as he looked down at the telegram.

"It's from Monty Morgue... Says that Doc Ock's back in New York, askin' you to go and beat 'im up and drive him out."
Kingpin's face hardened as he bent the poker in half with his bare hands as if it were putty in his hands. "Doc Ock... " he sneered. "Tell him that I'm not an idiot, won't lose half my men when he has those actuators."

"Is that all you want me to say?" Charles asked.

"Is that not enough for me to say? It gets the fucking point across!" Kingpin snapped.