Chapter 1

A few hours before you tried to contact Sam

Sam's POV.

As I lay in bed wondering what I should do to today as it was cold out, I decided to invite Katrina, my girlfriend, over. As I set my phone on my night stand to be charged, I see the picture of me and my sister, Y/N, smiling having a good time at a petting zoo. I really miss my little sister, she was my best friend beside Colby, even Colby misses her, even if they weren't that close. When she ran away me and Colby went looking for her for about a year before we stopped, even though I didn't want to. Today was my sister's 20th birthday.
30 minutes later, Katrina arived. She knew about my sister's birthday today, otherwise she knows really nothing about Y/N.

"Hey!," I say while giving her a hug and a kiss on her cheek.

"Hey.," She says, hugging me back, then we walk up to my room.

"How you doing?," She asks while sitting on my bed .

"Im doing better than every year before," I respond, every year I cry less and less.

"That good," She responds with a simile on her face, right after her phone went off.

"What's that?," I couldn't help ask, trying to distract myself.

"It's just a reminder that it's my best friends birthday today" She says, as she puts her phone back into her pocket.

"Addy's(I picked a random name) birthday, I thought that was in May?" I ask.

"No, this was my best friend when I lived in Kanas( I know she never did but for this story it needs to be). We don't talk anymore, but I like to remeber it's her birthday becasue she always rememberd mine. I don't know what she is doing these days, I know she still lives in LA, becasue she moved here with me." Katrina responds.

"What was her name?," I ask.

"Her name was Y/N, what a chance that your sister and my friend have the same name and birthday." Katrina says, as she might have just relised that.

"Yeah, what a coincidence,'' As I say that my phone goes off. I was a random number. I told Katrina to be quiet and I answered it.

"Hello?" I ask.

"H-hey, is this S-sam G-golbach?," The voice on the other side asked, it sounded like a girl and it sounded like she was shivering.

"Who's asking?," I ask back, not wanting a stranger to know who it is. The answer the girl gave me made me drop my phone, Katrina looked at me with worried eyes.

"What? What's wrong? Who is on the phone?," Katrina asked me and I responed,

"My sister"