The Big Decision (Chapter 21 Prelude)

Dispatched from the hospital, you return back to the cathedral as you see three people standing in front of the 8th Company.

"What are you three doing here?"

You see Hibana, Karim, and Konro standing in front.

"(Y/N)? Did you get dispatched from the hospital, again?"

"Err- Yeah."

"I'm so glad you're okay. I thought for a moment, you've died." Hibana said.

"You're not just saying that because you used me as a merch, right?"

"Absolutely not! We may be sisters from a different company, but we're still sisters, after all."

"So a sister and a sister in a relationship of sisters have a bond as sisters?"

"Yeah." You nod. "Welp, welcome to the Company, although it still is a work in progress, this building will shine full of life!

"Ah crap, the broom broke." Shinra says as he immediately looks over at Tamaki who was holding the broom in the most weird way.

"TAMAKI! YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO HOLD THE BROOM IN YOUR HANDS!"

"W-Wha?! I was doing that! My lucky lecture is at it again.."

You sigh as you open the door, Hibana was getting a bit excited.

"I'll show you three the way to Captain Obi's office. Just follow me."

You lead them to Akitaru's office as they enter the room.

"Oh hey, you're back!" Maki said as she looks over at you.

"Hey Maki." You sat down on your desk and grabbed a part of Takehisa's paperwork. "What's up with the new decorations? Especially, what's up with Takehisa?"

"They were gifts from Vulcan.."

"Ah. I see, that explains the absurdities of the decorations."

You continue to work on the paperwork as Takehisa looks over at you.

"What's up Lieutenant?"

"You're back from the hospital, and you're already working? You know, you could take some time off."

"It's fine. The paperwork is probably a nightmare, considering that there was an attack on Vulcan's Workshop, now we have to add Vulcan to the crew, along with the equipment costs, materials, and also reporting in for the 3rd Company fraud. Jeez. This is a headache already."

You finish a full stack of paperwork and begin working on the next. Maki pouts at you literally seeing that you finished a full stack of paperwork in less than 5 minutes.

I don't think it's a headache if you finish all of the paperwork that fast.

"Anyways, you can leave the paper reports to me Lieutenant, and maybe try a different hat?"

"It was at my desk this morning, So I'd figure that I should wear it."

"Yeah, that's great and all-"

What the-

You open your desk to see a revolver inside.

...

..

.

You pull out the revolver and look at it. Maki and Takehisa stare at the revolver you were holding.

"Uh. Takehisa, did you give me this?"

Takehisa was also surprised.

"No. Who gave you that?"