Obey My Command! (Chapter 7)

A/N: Sorry for the long update. Had tons of tests this week. Wooo.

You watch the news for any weather updates.

Y/N: Seems like nothing much is going on.

"Alright everyone, have a pleasant day. Látom."

Akitaru turns off the TV as you and Shinra stand in-front of his desk.

Akitaru: Sure enough, there's no news on the incident that happened 2 days ago. Nothing about the Rookie Games snafu or this Joker guy.

Shinra: Seems suspicious, not to mention it. Is the Fire Force hiding something?

Captain Obi's the key. If I stick with him, I'll get closer to the truth. About Human Combustion. And about the day I lost Mom and Sho.

The three of you hear knocking on the door as you all stare at it. Takehisa walks through and reports to Akitaru.

Takehisa: Sorry to interrupt, but I got the results. The analysis the substance Joke used to blow up the training facility.

They examined it's components. The main one is Infernal Ashes.

Shinra: What?. Those ashes? Belonged to an Infernal?

Akitaru clutches his fist in anger.

Akitaru: Turning the remains of the dead into explosives? Sick Bastard.

- Meanwhile, somewhere in the Cathedral. -

Iris stands near the podium pulling out a partly burned picture of her orphanage.

She takes a moment to suck it all in, remembering her childhood.

Iris: The flames of the original sin..

She places the picture back in her tunic, resting her hand on her chest.

Smiling, she looks up in hope.

- Back at the office -

You whisper to Shinra as you do you paperwork.

Y/N: So, why didn't you tell him about Sho?

Shinra: I mean't to. But I couldn't bring myself to tell them about Sho.

He looks at Arthur who was looking bored.

Shinra: Wake up, and quit looking like you're about to die of boredom. It's making it hard for me to work.

You continue to work on the paperwork as the phone rings.

Arthur picks it up.

Arthur: This is Arthur Boyle, Valiant Knight and Lord of Camelot.

Maki looks at Arthur in fear.

Arthur: How can I help you?

Maki chops Arthur in the head and takes the phone.

Maki: I am so sorry about that. Special Fire Force Company 8... Of course, certainly!

Maki continues to talk on the phone while Shinra and Arthur are talking to each other.

Y/N: Nearly finished..

Shinra: Hey.

Arthur: Yeah, what?

Shinra: Why did you decide to become a fire soldier?

Arthur: It's easy. It's because I'm a knight.

He triumphantly sighs. Shinra, in return nearly loses it.