Damsel In Distress (Chapter 11)

You wake up nudging your arms. Something was holding your arms back. Opening your eyes, you see that you're wrapped in chains.

"Wha.. Where am I?"

A figure soon appears out of the shadows looking at you sternly.

"You should've never came here."

The man steps out of the shadows to reveal his identity.

- Earlier -

Someone stands in the phone booth talking to the Evangelist.

???: Yes, I'm performing your work as instructed. There may be a few minor obstacles, but I'll overcome them. Infernalization will continue impeded, Evangelist. Latom.

He hangs up the call as the timer runs out.

"Minor obstacles.. I don't think she notices me. I need to take her out first, but how?"

He goes to the nearest pharmacy store to find something he needs.

"Oh it's you. Having trouble sleeping?"

"You know it! I'm just so happy every single day to be in the fire force and serve for my fellow fire soldiers! It's kind of affecting my sleep schedule, you know?"

"Ah. You are always the energetic one. That'll be 1850 yen."

"You know me!"

He gives the 1850 yen to the pharmacist.

"I hope you fix your sleeping schedule, sir."

"I will, Thanks to you!"

He leaves the pharmacy store.

This should be good enough. Then I can make a message for those brats at the 8th.

- At the 8th Cathedral -

Hibana looks out the window as it was very foggy outside.

Akitaru: You compared the core matter of two specimens. Infernals A & B, and found a difference in their compositions. Through chemical analysis you discovered a DNA of a creature that wasn't a victim inside the DNA's core. And you think that this DNA belongs to a bug.

Hibana walks over to his desk.

Hibana: I don't just think that, It's the conclusion I reached through careful research. I've studied many Infernal cadavers, and the specimens I've suspected of artificial ignition all have the same things in common. Their cores have been compromised, pierced from without, as if a creature has forcefully made it's way in.

Akitaru looks at the drawing of the picture.

Hibana: An insect.

- Meanwhile, at the 1st -

The alarm bell rings waking you and Shinra up at the same time.

You rub your eyes as Shinra turns off the alarm.

It's been 5 days since we've joined the first. We'll be undercover for a month. We have not long to find a lead for a source of these artificial Infernals.

Shinra opens up the windows and curtains, freezing up as you immediately fall out of bed seeing Takehisa staring through the window.

Y/N: Stalk much?! You almost gave me a heart attack!

Shinra: Come on Lieutenant Hinawa! What are you doing here, this time?!

Takehisa: Checking up on you. Running into any problems yet? Has Arthur been holding up okay?