Fire Force Infiltration! (Chapter 8)

"Hrm. This toast is really burnt."

Eating your breakfast, you quickly eat the burnt toast and drink your milk.

"Pweh! It's ash! What kind of-"

You look at the label.

"Oh, it's broken."

You check the toaster as it falls apart.

"It's broken, now."

 Slowly walking out the room, you walk up to the roof where you meet the others.

- At the roof -

You open the door as everyone looks at you.

Akitaru: There's (Y/N).

Takehisa: Right on time. We're about to start training. Line up.

Y/N: Got it sir.

Lining up near Shinra and Maki you talk to both of them.

Takehisa: Recall our primary objective, is to protect people by fighting Infernals and putting them to rest. However, we can't forget that the 8th has a hidden objective, to investigate suspicious crew members and oppose the ones guilty with misconduct-

Shinra bumps on your shoulder, getting your attention.

Shinra: You used the toaster too eh?

Y/N: Yeah, I thought it was working.. Wait, how'd you-

Shinra: You got a lil on your mouth.

Shinra wipes it off for you.

Shinra: There we go.

Y/N: Oh. Thank you.

Maki looks at the both of you before focusing on Arthur.

Aww. Wait a minute..

Arthur: More of those rigid Griffins, come to attack my castle again, eh? Someday you'll be rust on Excalibur's blade!

Shinra: Do you even understand how your blade works?

Maki: Yeah, how about you put a lid on that knightly temper of yours, and leave those adorable griffins alone. There are wildlife protection laws for a reason, you know.

Arthur: Hmph.

Shinra: It's kind of funny how you're telling someone else to control their temper.

Iris: You have a point, 90% of the time Maki is cool-headed as she is beautiful. It's a real shame about the other 10%.

Maki: I'm trying, okay?

Takehisa immediately interrupts and threatens the group with his gun.

Takehisa: No Idle Chatter. We're in the middle of an important meeting here. Shut your mouths and focus.

Shinra: Hey Lieutenant, I know you're kidding but could you please not point your gun at us?

Y/N: Y-Yeah, you're kidding right?

Takehisa: What the hell did you two think I was kidding?

Shinra & (Y/N): E-Eh?

You watch as Shinra gets executed by being shot in the knee, as Takehisa shoots you in the head.

By instinct, you cover your face as you feel a hard pebble hit your hand.

Y/N: E-Eh?

You check your hand  and only see a burn mark.