Burn Baby, Burn! (Prologue)

"Why does my blood feel like it's boiling?..."

Breathing heavily in the bathroom you could feel this feeling of anxiety... Like something is swelling up. Ready to burst into flames.

"I probably need to go check the doctor tomorrow... I probably only have a cold. Right?"

You walk out the bathroom, slowly moving down the hallway.

"I seriously, don't feel so good..."

After a few moments of walking down the hallway, you cling onto the walls, trying to get back to class.

"Wh-Why do I feel like I'm going to die? Why?"

As you cling onto the wall, a staff walks down the hall, directly coming over to you as you try to stay awake.

"You don't seem well, (Y/N)."

"I-I don't feel so good."

"Do you need to go home?"

"I think I can handle it.. It's just a few more minutes before we go home anyways.."

"You think you can last 10 minutes?"

"I can. I don't think waiting 10 minutes is going to kill me."

"Looks like you really are brave, (Y/N)."

"Thank you?"

You finally reach the classroom with the staff's help as the teacher looks at you. His name was Shizno Kaguya. A man who really cared for his students, and was a pretty cool history teacher. Every day, in the last 25 minutes of his class, there would be free time, where students could eat, sleep, or play games in the classroom.

He was very concerned about you, when he looked at you walking in class, covering your stomach.

" Hey, (Y/N)? Are you okay?"

"I'm fine. I just got an empty stomach! That's all! Hrgh...."

"You really don't look well."

"No I'm fine! Seriously!"

Everyone looks at you scared, at what's going to happen. Everyday, these people would be endangered at something randomly bursting into flames. The kids near you walk near the door, getting ready for something to happen.

"I just- I-... W-What's happening to me-"

As you look at your hands, you whole body quickly bursts into flames!

"OH MY GOD!!! OH MY GOD!! I'M ON FIRE!!!!"

Everyone quickly panicking, starts to run out of the classroom as the teacher quickly evacuates the students. Even the teacher was afraid for his life. He quickly grabs a fire extinguisher ready to throw himself on the line to save the students.

"Deep breaths. Deep breaths. Deep breaths. I'm on fire, I'm on fire, I'm on fire. Fire is not hurting me. Fire is not hurting me."

This couldn't be happening. You were just a middle school girl who was just living normal life. Yet, somehow, you burst into flames like you were chosen for something. Why did this happen? Most importantly, WHY was it you?

"The fire isn't going to hurt you. Just like dad said. It's not the fire that burns you,"

Mr. Kaguya hesitates to even use the fire extinguisher on you. He couldn't bear to lose another child to spontaneous human combustion. He always blamed himself for why his child turned into the Inferno. Why he died in his arms. He didn't want it to happen again. He didn't want to kill someone that resembled his daughter.