10~ The City lights..

Manik's pov:

"These fries are the best thing that can happen to a human, like do you feel the flavour that sheer perfect blend of it with the right amount of crisp and good god the peri-peri is just everything amazing!"
I could go on forever about how just incredibly perfect these babies were, as we made ourselves comfortable on my car's bonnet. Those fancy outfits are on at some place along the outskirts of city; a cliff gazing at those stunning city lights whilst stuffing our faces with ridiculously tasty junk that we managed to grab for our pleading stomachs.

"I hope I find someone who speaks of me as passionately as you do of food, otherwise what is the whole point...The intimacy, that attention to detail...oh lala!" I would like to pretend that I did not hear her mock my face.

BABE, FOOD IS LOVE there is nothing apologetic about it.

"Manik.." I heared her whisper as we sat done with our eating shenanigans. I hummed for response with my eyes refusing to leave the enchanting sight before me.

"Nhi...kuch nhi" I frowned, at her hesitancy followed by a long pause, I arched my eyebrows at her giving her look to let it out and she sighed.

"Did you and Adweta...did you guys have a thing?" with a deep frown I wondered what made her believe so.

"I mean...not to step on boundaries or anything, but the way she seemed so affected I thought.... Anyway, you do not have to answer I am just being unnecessarily curious." she shrugged as if dropping the idea making me roll my eyes at her.

"Is this supposed to be a reality check? No, I mean after everything I believed we were past getting so uptight around each other but seems like I read too much between the lines, huh?" I confess, I may have came off as a little dramatic but who can you blame? I make a living out of the ability.

" Okay Princess, hold on there! You know I never meant it that way, it is just that I understand that these aspects could have a history not very pleasant and I would never mind if in such case you choose to not talk" She explained, looking at me.

"To answer your question No we never had ANY thing it was probably an infatuation from her side that she held onto longer than she should have plus the fact that our mother's are acquaintance just does not help, we kept bumping into each other I was trying to be polite and in some cases she might have taken it on a different tangent that is all there is to know, I never lead her on and do not plan to do so." I saw her nod positively at my words, not pushing it any further.

"Nandini...would it be weird if I told you I like your company" Maybe it was the peace lingering around in darkness that allures your soul into the safe haven that it offers, or maybe the air around was too fresh for someone who grew up in a city so polluted otherwise, taking away my ability to think straight. Or maybe it was just the fact that it felt soo soo right. I could not stop myself from uttering what I would otherwise give a hundred thought before dropping the idea altogether.

" The day I met you at the club it wasn't in my wildest of imagination that I would bump into the same girl again in a professional setting and then again at a party during all these times what did remain constant however was how easy it was with you, conversations just happened there was never a need for them to only a indescribable want.
For the 0.01% of you that I know off, I have this feeling that you are a great friend and I am just so much selfish to let go on that one."

I was reluctant to revert back at her now dilated pupils gawking at me for multiple reasons but the one that scared me the most was the possiblity of ruining even the little bond that we had, I knew I wanted her to be a part of my life and I am so sure of it.