16~ Call it what you want

Nandini's Pov:

I saw her DRAGGING him.

Leaving me so damn shocked behind, what in the world was this flip of equation!!!!???? I left for a day, A DAY. I now know that they say that world is an unpredictable place. Until the day before yesterday I was preventing bloodshed from happening between the same two people that are now in a matter of some hours are besties it seems.

Honestly, I was struggling so hard to understand what was going on that I couldn't point a finger at what I really felt. It was kind of funny how he was being dragged like a child with that clueless look on his face, but as much as I would like for it to be, this wasn't the only thing I felt...oddly enough, I kind of felt sad? Is it just bad? Or do you mean strange? I don't know, but it's strange because I was the one who WANTED this to happen in the first place!!!! Did I, or didn't I?

Anyways now that he was gone and I had to gulp all this food alone, I was not in any mood to. I hate that he fights like a child for the last piece of everything but it is no fun without him doing so.

I sighed almost pouting to myself before taking a few bites enough to not make me faint but scarcely enough to fill my tummy.

................................

Manik's pov

"Hey hey hey! Stop for a sec" I pulled back on my steps making her halt as well.

"Jennifer I really don't want for you to get upset or anything but...ummm. Okay so here's a thing; Nandini and I kinda have our lunch together and I feel like a jerk even saying so but yesterday she ditched me and I said yes to tag along with y'all more out of spite but I really had a good time and it may sound like it but I am not making this up as a cover and now that she's on set it sort of feels weird? Omg!!! does this all sound very awful?" I palmed my face which I can guess was turning red in embarrassment.

It's just idk, it's not supposed to be such a huge thing but, It still is because it's our thing and I don't wanna be the one to throw it away.

"Woah. And I thought we were really hitting! I..I just don't know what to say." Looking at her expressions the mildly subdued dread resurfaced.

My mind immediately went on to think of ways to make this better.

"No..listen, I.."

"That's okay Manik, save it."  I could see her displeasure and hear it.

"I am just...sorry" I stood waiting partially expecting her to throw some harsh words but found nothing and in the next second I heard her bursting into fits of laughter and all I could do is gawk at her expecting some explanation.

"Hahaha...omg look at your face. I honestly always have bought the rumors of you being this arrogant, egoistic jerk...no offense. But man they really have no clue!? " I heaved a breath of relief, she noticed and chuckled further.

"Maybe I am the arrogant, egoistic jerk and this nice side is only for a selected few?" I teased.

"Oh! Should I be honored to be in the selected few!?"

"Maybe." We both giggled before leaving it there.

"I am really hungry right now so I will just go grab some lunch and will see you sometime, yeah?" We parted ways after a quick side hug.
...................

"Seems like my enemies to lovers trope predictions are just on track to be true." I heard Nandini before I could see her.

I smirked slightly before entering the vanity and closing the door behind me.

"I mean..." I left it just at that,  I could see she wanted more and I was adamant to not give her that.

"So it's really true.." her voice was now meek which made me smirk further.