2~ The Night We Met

Scrunching and squeezing their way through the half drunk crowd swaying their sweaty bodies against each other.

Aryamaan and Nandini settled themselves at the rare end of the bar.

Aryamaan offered to get the drinks, Nandini insisted on joining him to the bar..

" Two scotch on the rocks and one whiskey neat!" the bartender nodded in acknowledgement passing a flirty smile Nandini's way making her revert back one twice as flirtious.

Arymaan nudged her slightly with a dirty 'I know it all' smirk!

" What!! He was kinda cute!" She reasoned smirking.

" ALRIGHT! It wasn't for nothing that I chose to accompany you here, are you telling me already or should I?" She spoke dissonantly, pretentiously grooving to the music.

" What!?" Aryamaan frowned fairly confused at her sudden distasteful tone.

" Did you or did you not get an offer for shooting a shortflim right from New York! Or to be more precise the one flim you were betting your life on!" She exasperated, voice all cold with offense and a slight tinge of hurt,her best friend chose to keep such a news from her pinched her a bit.

" I would have told you if only I was On!" he said casually bobbing his head on a certain club mix blasting through the speakers.

" SAY WHAT!" Nandini practically yelled, horrified at her friends causal behaviour for something so prestigious to him a few months ago.

" Geez! Women stop screaming will ya.. I dropped it!"

He just shrugged while Nandini gaped at his audacity.

" Aryamaan dumbass Khuranna! Why would you! Wasn't this what you have been rooting for since forever, like literally working your ass off to get that documentary shot because you so wanted to be in it! A part of it!..you really owe me an explanation for this sudden backing out!" She demanded her voice stern and eyes rigid like a momma asking her toddler to reason for his mischief!

" Relax Nandini!...I was into it a few months ago yes! Few months is a long time my priorities have changed.." He tried putting out the fuel igniting anger all through her veins with his arms wrapped around her neck, only to get a hard blow across his stomach making him growl!

" Omg lady calm down! Fine...Nandini don't you say everything has the right time...and this isn't the right time for me flying to New York! I don't want to go....Not right now...I know it's a big opportunity and I am an ass to miss this but...I am happy by letting this one slide..trust me!" He spoke starring right into her almond hazel eyes with his protruding mocha ones, holding her palms ever so lightly.

Nandini sighed still not satisfied with his justification yet putting it aside on failing to find a hint of hesitation from his side, his words were affirming enough for her to not hold on to it anymore.

"Fine if you say so..You are happy, that's all that matters!" Nandini smiled reassuringly caressing his hand mildly, she loved her friends nothing but their happiness was everything she asked for.

"Your drinks sir!" the cute bartender's voice interrupted the wholesome of a conversation. He passed a subtle arched smile Nandini's way with a raised brow making her wink at him smirkingly, Aryamaan stood there smirking at disbelief at his friends' act.

" there you guys are!!! I legit thought you two flew away ditching me " Navya entered the scene waving a taunted smile making them both roll their eyes at her. The three sat laughing at their made-up jokes, sharing hilarious incidents that made it to the list from the week frequently checking people out in an appreciative way strictly.

" sooooo...how far is it with that hot guy you met in the club last week" Aryamaan questioned Navya making me chuckle, Navya threw a nasty glare my way making me swallow up the dying want to erupt into giggles while Aryamaan gave weird looks our way maybe contemplating a conclusion of his own.

" WORST!! literally, worst he just wanted to get into my pants jerk! thank heaven I didn't end up breaking his ribs" she spoke sheading nothing but sheer disgust as the bizarre experience walloped her.

" I need vodka to shun that thought down! thanks, Aryaman!" she mocked making her way to the bar to gulp that shot down leaving the two chuckling at her yet another date gone wrong!!!!

" Ohhkayyyy.....lets hit the dance floor baby!" Aryaman hyped pulling Nandini with him as she gulped the last sip of her drink.

They danced crazy matching every step with every bit moving every limb they could from all the iconic Bollywood steps. Navya joined the duo on the dimly lit dance floor and the fun started for them.

----------

" oh!! man, that was CRAZYY!" Aryaman gasped before bursting in fits and the duo joined the trail.

" I'll slide, bladder calls!" Nandini excused herself walking away tumbling throughout, she wasn't out yet but not sober enough to pave the way through.

Alcohol starting acting up to hard, her vision vague and dizzy now too low for her to be able to navigate her way through.

That was another of her tipsy quirk, she could gulp a good amount but as soon as it hit her system she would pass out quicker than most people, saved her from lot of after booze embarrassment but at the moment the universe seemed to be against her *or was it?*

Her senses going numb was palpable which came off as a dreadful happening since her friends were both sloshed and would take eternity to realise her absence let alone initiate a search mission.

But, it was a little too late, her vision got intensely blur and legs jelly subconsciously waiting for her behind to thud on the floor but that didn't happen for awfully long seconds.

Forcefully gauging her eyes open she looked focused on the face too close to her's to be termed appropriate, arms engulfing her sloppy drunk mess protectively.

With the little strength in her she tried to make sense of the person whos arms she was almost passing out in..

He looked akin, very familiar to be true.

Was she that drunk to fantasize or was it really HIM!???

Seene main jo dab gaye hai voh jazbaat kya kahein,
aap khud hi samaj lijiye har baat kya kahe...

~ Unknown

Hola people! I hope you like the updated...lemme know your views in the comments. ❤️