11~ Tug of hearts

Manik's pov:

     "Your schedule for the day goes like, a 30 min meeting at 9:30 regarding the press conferrence followed by the press which will approximately last for 2 hours backed by a lunch with the crew and then us brain stroming about having you all free and schedule cleared up for the upcoming 3 months and that should be done by 6:30 max, that's that!" A scratchy voice of my manager Nakul filled in the the space between the voice of my fork to the china between variable intervals.

"Manik SIR, did you even spare a ear to all my ranting?" he was clearly unhappy about my lack of attention.

"Nakul, I heard you chill dont piss me off pulling of a SIR this early in the morning, you have been doing this for the past year now and I know you got me covered." I justified only for him to let out a 'I give up' sigh.

"Cool, we leave in 15 it is already close to peak office hours and considering our very vivid experience of never underestimating Mumbai and traffic we should be on a very safe side" he spoke making me nod in agreement.

Today was the day, it was going to be official. The project I and Nandini are working on together, there is an elaborate press conferrence for the announcment of the same the day can quickly get pretty damn hectic with media involved so the past two days after the last time I saw Nandini was just me preparing myself for all the jarring questions that could possibly be thrown at me with my PR on their toes with getting it all looked into followed by an intense what should be worn conversation with my stylist for the event and a few zoom meetings here and there to run through what should be revlead and what held on to the days pass in a jiffy.

Being a little tight on schedule I hardly could manage to text Nandini after except from some extremely professional stuff and mild updates about how I am hanging by a thread between all these to which she TRIED being sympathetic which lasted for the last best 5 seconds before she said something that made me wonder about her sadistic capacities but well, as the days passed I could see just how right I was about her being the nicest person to be friends with.

*Hey all busy big guy, I know you got so much on that platter already with flashy designer meetings and all the movie talk (still cant relate to all the grumble) but dont forget to fill that giant tummy of yours with some food it is said that it helps. Going to grab some nice good night sleep see ya when I will see ya.*

*Damn! how do you look like you have had hours long pampering sesh when you have literally slept like for 60 mins last night. ps: saw your papped pics maybe getting an inch closer to realize why girls be losing their shit, I am sure will be slapped back to reality when I finally see you*

Didn't I tell ya, too considerate!

*I know you are so thrilled to see me at lunch today I wish I could say feelings are mutual and I genuinely hope I am not greeted by a skeleton with all that u have been up too.*

I managed to sneak sometime and reply to her text although it was far from a proper conversation but what did click me in all these days is that Nandini Murthy cannot do nice, she checked up on people in her own weird way which may or may not make u question the veracity of it.

Nakul's voice interrupted my daze, I nodded at him informing that it was about time we start the day.
••••••••••••••••

Nandini's pov:

*Liar! I know you are dying to see my handsome face*

I read the pinged notification on my screen with an unbelievably wide smile resting on my face.

I sighed after replying with an eye-roll emoji. That's all the conversation we could squeeze in during these past two days, the first shoot schedule for the movie was to start later this week in Mumbai and so as the business demands what usually follows is an intense process and need to create buzz around the project the very first step being the movie announcment.