paint you wings

basking in the peacefulness their tiny little scape hole can give him, 63 year-old Hyunjin continued with his work; adding little details on the most beautiful sketch he's done of his lover.

He nods, humming in content as a small smile crept on his face.

"I'll paint you wings." he whispered tenderly, caressing the portrait as if it was the real thing.

He sprung up to his feet, waddling his way to the side of the river where colorful assortment of flowers bloom.

Hynjn picked up the most beautiful ones with utmost carefulness, especially of those that Felix says he loves the most.

he came back to where the painting was, waiting to give Felix his little surprise.

as the sun slowly descends into the horizon bleeding the sky orange with a hint of pink hue, Hyunjin came back up to his heels; carrying the painting he had made of Felix's smiling beautiful face and the handful of pretty flowers as he trudged his way to the edge of the stream

where the water flows gently with it's steady gushing sounds along with the crickets and other bugs around him that seemed to effectively calm him down, and help him stay collected as he put the painting and lying the flowers and a small unlit candle on top of it on the surface of the water.

he watched as the flowing water take it far away from him, until it was too small and unrecognizable.

"... then I'll set you free."

The wind blew a gentle kiss on his skin, drying away the wet path of the tears that had fallen on his face as though mourning along with him while he watched the painting and the flowers fully disappear from his view.

it's been ten years,

but he's ready to let go now.

;