iii - °where the lines overlap°

Hyunjin's scheduled date –as Chan would call it– with Felix was a few days after he had promised to contact him. He had consulted Chan (more like bugged him) about it over and over because his indecisive ass couldn't come to terms with anything, until his hyung just got enough of him –getting his phone from him and texting Felix himself asking for a date on that coming Saturday.

After contemplating hard whether or not to ditch Felix last minute and berating himself for even thinking about it a thousand times, Hyunjin finally got the balls to show up.

He saw Felix sitting at their usual table, his head tilted to the side, gaze lost faraway at the road outside the café.

The sight of him making Hyunjin sad.

"Hi." He greeted, shaking Felix back to reality.

"Oh, Hyun! You really came." Felix immediately beamed. His face lighting up as relief washed over his pretty face like he had been worrying Hyunjin wouldn't come, making him feel a pinch of guilt.

"Of course, I did." He laughed. "So what do you wanna do?"

They decided to go first in a cinema, Felix insisting he wanted to see some new romcom movie; Hyunjin doesn't even remember the title of. Then they went to get groceries, buy some cheap alcohol and other cheap snacks with a last stop over at their favorite restaurant to take out some fried chicken to go along with it.

And maybe, maybe they bought too many alcohol, and maybe Felix drank most of them without Hyunjin realizing it, since he was too busy reminding himself not to kiss Felix every time he does something stupidly cute like maybe holding onto him tightly in that part of the movie where the protagonists broke up while he cries, or that time where he whined like a baby when –"Felix, not because they don't have the biggest pack of honey butter doesn't mean you need to get all the small ones in display."– or when he came jumping around in excitement when Hyunjin bought a dozen of chicken just for the two of them to share.

He was so busy keeping his emotions in check that he didn't even notice the bottles of beers that were already piling up on the coffee table.

No wonder Felix was already all giggly and hyped. The younger has a low alcohol tolerance.

The younger blond was about to take another sip of his beer when Hyunjin took it away from him gently, "that's enough, Felix." He says, chugging down the content of Felix's half-finished bottle, head tilted up to the ceiling, eyes on the liquid that was slowly lessening, that he didn't even realize when the younger one crawled closer to him. Startling him when he felt soft, hot lips on the skin of his neck.

He put the finished bottle down, coughing a little before wiping his mouth with the back of his forearm. "What the hell, Lixie?" He blurted out, still very much in shock from Felix's boldness because it's so out of character and odd.

"I just thought your neck tattoo looks really sexy, Jinnie." The other replied, big round orbs looking at him with utmost innocence like Hyunjin hadn't tainted him enough all these years of heated encounters and different ways to set it ablaze. It's almost unbelievable how Felix still looks like an angel without wings.

"Don't do that, Lixie." He said without thinking, making the other clearly confused since he was well aware how much Felix loved his neck tattoo. The younger being very vocal about it since the beginning of their messy entanglement.