05

ZARA

I wake up to the noise of my phone alarm ringing on the other side of my room. I've always put my phone on the other side of my room before I fall asleep so when my alarm rings I'll have to walk across the room to turn it off instead of laying in my bed and falling asleep.

I rub my eyes aggressively walking to my alarm with my shakey, tired legs.
I chose to wake up at 6:30 this morning even though classes start at 8:30.

I smell an overwhelming scent of maple syrup before walking out to the kitchen in my oversized hoodie and sweatpants.

"Gooddd Morninggg." Aiden says in an enthusiastic voice but yet a little bit raspy.

He's sitting on a stool while leaning on the island in the middle of the kitchen with a grey hoodie and black shorts that are right over his knees.

"Is that what you're wearing today?" I try to ask politely.

"Why wouldn't I? It's not like we're one of those prep schools that are strict with uniform, Love."

What?!?

"We don't have uniform??" I look at him with widened eyes.

"Just because this school has high reviews and all doesn't make it strict." He looks down at me with a grin.
I'm 5'4 I don't know why he feels the need to tower over me to make me feel short.

"Alright, Thanks."

"Only using me for answers now? I think we should have a real conversation. Like getting to know each other?"

"I'm good..." I say backing up into my room to change out of my pajamas.

I rush to my suitcase and rummage through my clothes until I find a semi decent outfit.
Shit.
Why am I feeling the need as if I need to make a good impression to everyone?

Aiden interrupts my thoughts as he knocks on my bedroom door. He presses his hand onto the door until it's fully open for me to see his full body.

"There's a party tonight for the new students if you didn't know by the way. You could probably make some friends in there." He says leaning on the entrance of my door.

"What makes you think I don't have friends already?" I question him with a squint.

"It's obvious, Love."

I walk over to the door and close it in his face.
"Fuck you!" I yell.
"Soon." I hear his muffled voice through the other side of the door.
"In your fucking dreams."

Who does this man think he is?

I trudge to the left side of my room to get to the bathroom instead of having to walk through the other door to see Aiden and his annoying ass again.

I open the bathroom door to see Aiden brushing his teeth staring at me.

Does he teleport..? It's only been a minute since I talked to him. Felt like 5 seconds though.

I can't just run out the bathroom now because I have to get ready then leave to get breakfast downstairs
I wish there was 2 bathrooms in this fucking dorm.

"Don't talk to me please and just let me get ready, That's all I'm asking for." I stare at him.

He looks at me with a smirk on his face with the toothbrush still in his mouth.
He can say so much without even letting one word slip out his mouth.
I grab my toothbrush soaking it with water before turning to Aiden.

"Pass me the toothpaste.....please."

"Yes, ma'am" He says turning to me and placing the toothpaste on my toothbrush.
I look at him confused. "I didn't say you had to do it for m-"
"I want to." He cuts me off.
Alright then.