21

ZARA

Even though I'm completely dressed and prepared for school, which starts in 10 minutes, I take the large comforters of my small bed and roll myself up like a burrito as I consider whether to leave my room and have to see Aiden on the way out or stay here in my bedroom until he has to leave.

No! We have first period together. I fully forgot about that.

In these crazy nine months of attending school, it won't hurt to be late once, therefore I'm staying in my room till he leaves.

I roll over, grabbing a book on the nightstand beside my bed but thoughts are running through my mind, stopping me from having any free time.

The party.
I was acting like a fool.

Intoxicated and foolish, I was. Yes, I only had two drinks, but I was a little tipsy. Even though he wasn't drunk, he chose to act recklessly around me. He had to have known better then to act like that.

At least we didn't kiss.
Kissing is way too passionate for me, he probably does it on a daily basis though, but he knows I'm inexperienced which is most likely why he didn't decide to kiss me.
But I was being an idiot when I started leaning towards him for one!

In the moment I was mad we got interrupted but all I could do now is thank the universe for that girl that randomly led everyone to the pool.

I look to my right to read the alarm clock in bright red thats shining bright in my dark room.
8:27

Class starts at 8:30 and it usually takes 5 minutes to get there since it's close to the dorms.
He's always late to his classes. Can he hurry up just this once so I won't have to speak to him on the way out?

A loud slam comes from not too far. He shut the door, he left.

I quickly rise from my warm bed, reaching the floor as I scan the room to find a random pair of shoes to wear today.

I'm not much of a shoe person, never will be. It doesn't matter and never will because they'll get all dirty and they're meant to be touching the infested floor all the time instead of looking perfect and being worshiped.

I try to snap myself back to reality, remembering I have to get to class soon but shoes are suddenly the only thought on my mind. God! I can get distracted easily.

I pause once I step foot into the kitchen which is to the right of the door where I have to get through to
even leave this dorm.
I haven't ate breakfast.
I always eat breakfast.
Worst day to miss it when I have a test in class today.

Promptly 7 minutes later I'm walking into class. I take quiet and slow steps, hoping no one can hear me or see me since I'm coming in from the back entrance. I refuse to look to my left since Aiden is there and he's probably staring right at me.

"Zara, you're late." Professor Lott almost yells with her dramatically loud voice.

Everyone's eyes and ears train towards me and I'm suddenly visible at last.

"Sorry, alarm didn't go off." I try to scoot my way into my seat which is directly in-front of Aiden. But eyes are still on me...and him.
Why won't their eyes go elsewhere? Nothings interesting on this side of the class.

I turn around taking a quick glance of my surroundings before I sit down and that's when I see Aiden staring straight at me, leaning on the seat in-front of him using his fist to support his head.

He's poking his tongue into the inside of his cheek
still keeping that glare until I finally turn my head back to the front of the class trying to ignore his presence but I still feel his eyes on the back of my head. He's so close to me to the point I could hear him blink.