17

AIDEN

"Get out of bed." I'm shaking Zara trying to wake her up as she's staring at me in disgust.
Classic Zara.
"Mmm." She breathes wiping her eyes with the back of her hands. "I fell asleep?" She realizes.
"Right after you saw Grey and Sophie you ran into the bedroom and I guess you fell asleep."

"I didn't need a reminder on what I witnessed." She complains.
She finally gets up in big steps closing the curtains and making the bed.
"Where are we going?"
"The bar."
She groans in an annoyed tone heading straight to her miniature suitcase. "I'm not a good drunk."
"Since when did Zara Collins drink?" I cross my arms giving her a slim smile.
"Rarely. But when I do I act insane." She laughs pulling her hair back into a loose messy ponytail. I've never seen a girl look so beautiful after waking up. It feels like I'm just another planet orbiting around her beauty.

"I'll be driving anyways so I'm not going to drink." I shrug sitting down on a random seat in her room.
"But you love to drink?"
"Welp..." I awkwardly look around the room resting my head against the palm of my hand. Zara moves closer to me trying to figure me out with her stare. "Is everything okay?"
I catch myself getting shy because of her glare. "I'm perfectly fine." I manage to spit out.
If looks could kill I'd be dead as soon as she opened that door over a month ago.

The door opens abruptly to see Mae looking at us in confusion. "Sorry, did I interrupt something?" She seems a bit sorry. Zara moves away from me quickly as she goes back to her suitcase. "Not at all, I was just picking an outfit."
"Oo okay I'll help!" Mae smiles almost skipping towards Zara.
I take it as my sign to leave before going back to the kitchen watching Eli smother a bunch of random food into his mouth.

"You're girlfriend kicked you out her room?" He manages to say with a mouth full of food.
Girlfrien- oh.
Zara.
Yup. I forgot about us for a split second.
"Are you already drunk?" I sigh.
"Maybe," He chuckles. "there's an alcohol room." He points towards a glass room with a million sections of different types of drinks.

"Too bad for me, I'm driving tonight."
"Dang it! Grey better take some shots with me." Eli sets another drink down spinning around 3 times then falls to the ground in a matter of time.
"I think that's enough for you." I grab Eli under his shoulders pulling him up.
He tries to reach for his drink before I dump it in the nearest trash can.
"You creature!" He yells.
I let out a small laugh as he stares at me with his big blue eyes. "Don't laugh at me!" He demands throwing his arms around in the air.

I press my lips together tightly trying not to burst into laughter as I hear a door open behind me to see Zara walking up to us. I find myself staring at her lace top before I'm interrupted with her voice. "Can we leave?"
"Let's go. Get your fake ID by the way."

Sophie comes around the corner yelling at Grey. "Leave the weed here! We're going to a bar."
"Mi Amor-" He argues.
"Don't- let's just go." She rolls her eyes at him.
She mouths sorry to Zara and Mae before we're all out the door.

20 minutes later we're finally at the bar. Zara was angry because she had to sit on my lap again, but she purposely sat on my knee so the same situation as last time didn't happen again. My phone vibrates in my hand to see my Dad texted me. Football season ends in 2 months, get your shit together and start practicing more. I come up with a random response that won't get my ass beat I'm playing football with Eli right now.

I put my phone into my back pocket before seeing Eli chug a thousand more drinks down. I pace over to him grabbing his shoulder, he looks over to me almost falling off the stool he's sitting on. "If you pass out in here, I'm leaving you all by yourself in this bar." I warn him drawing my teeth against each-other.
"Live a little." He brings his glass up to the air splashing his drink onto my shirt. I close my eyes in dissatisfaction knowing he's right.