18

ZARA

The beach house was two weeks ago. Our final day was actually quite straightforward. We went to the beach and then had a huge dinner at this random fancy restaurant. Since the bar, Aiden and I haven't spoken much. I hate it when people try to tell me what to do, but when that girl was all over him, it made me feel envious in a way that I normally wouldn't feel. I didn't like that side of me. Especially the fact that he made it come out of me out of all people.

Aiden always approaches me when I leave class and wraps me into his arms to prevent anybody from becoming suspicious of us. In addition to being bothersome, the fact that we share a room makes it worse because I don't want to even breathe the same air as him right now.

Mae left to go back to Canada, which made it a very heartbreaking goodbye because she's practically my sister in my eyes. While she used to be in our dorm, I ended up letting Aiden sleep in his bedroom alone while I slept on Sophie's tiny bed with her. I might've been uncomfortable but it's better then sleeping with him.
I think...

My bedroom and the living room underwent renovations over the course of the last two weeks, among other things. In order to finally unwind in the living room while Aiden was at practice, I was able to sleep in my bedroom again.

I adore spending time alone myself.

(So sorry to interrupt angels!! but I wanted to give you guys an imagination on Zara's room, so here you go.)

(This is personally what I imagine because Zara loves a lot of space but wants to be cozy 24/7

(This is personally what I imagine because Zara loves a lot of space but wants to be cozy 24/7. Also in the corner of her room there is a bookshelf and a huge closet! But you guys imagine whatever you want, that is what reading is for! Now let's get back to reading.)

Even though I have been pissed at Aiden, we still have a deal. And instead of us going out to do whatever we want together, I just make him deliver food to my room instead.

Well, because I'm in Los Angeles right now, none of that really matters. At my cousin's apartment, five hours' trip from Elwood. I knock on Skylar's door three times to let her know it's me, but her closest friend Aubrey answers the door instead.

"Zara!" She shouts with the brightest beam across her face as she pulls me in for a hug. "I thought I would've never see you again ever since you basically moved to New York." Her blonde hair falling over her shoulders as her blue almond eyes look up at me in excitement.

Skylar didn't tell people that I was coming over?
Considering that I'm practically best friends with her best friends should mean that she should tell them that I'm flying to her. She probably just forgot. It's fine.

"I needed to come over! it was like 2 months since I saw you guys." I plop onto the couch finally resting after flying in an uncomfortable position for 5 hours on the plane. "So, where's Skylar?" I continue.