Chapter 1- "We Made It!"

•edited•

•edited•

"Like I can't believe we get to go to Kissworld!" a shaggy-haired teen in an oversized green shirt exclaimed.

"And solve a mystery," Velma stated after Shaggy's excited outburst. It was very clear what each of their priorities lined up with.

Rory looked up and over her left shoulder, from her place between Fred and Daphne in the Mystery Machine, with a smile. Her eyes landed on her two friends in the back. She had been casually putting the finishing touches on her simple graphic hoodie, which had the KISS logo across the front.

She was a bit of a procrastinator. So instead of ironing the patch to the back of the hoodie, she opted to try her hand at sewing. Big mistake. The patch was just slightly slanted, but that just screamed Rory. Imperfect, but unique and quirky with her own signature charm.

The rest of the gang, excluding an unamused Fred, sported faces full of makeup and exact replicas of the outfits that resembled each of the KISS band members. Rory, on the other hand, opted for a less showy but effective way to show her excitement for the upcoming concert. Hence the black sweatshirt.

Don't get it wrong, Rory was just as excited about seeing KISS, and attending the greatest theme park of all time (she might be a little biased). She just couldn't bring herself to pick a favorite band member. They were all so different from one another, and all as equally amazing. She wouldn't admit it, but there was one that caught her attention above all the rest in her eyes though, just slightly.

Just as she as soon mused off into her own thoughts, she was brought out of it with a shriek as Scooby Doo surprised her by popping out of nowhere in his Catman makeup. In her surprise, her head just nearly avoided a collision with the roof of the van, if it wasn't for Fred's quick reflexes in sliding  his hand in between the two hard objects.

"Rorry Rory," Scooby Doo snickered towards his petite brunette friend while the other four tried and failed to hide their own giggles. Fred, aside from his laughter, was also shaking his hand in slight pain from getting sandwiched.

"Laugh all you want, I was caught off guard is all," remarked Rory as she playfully pouted. She had slid back down to her sit with her arms across her chest and a fake scowl.

Rory had never shied away from any mysteries with the gang since the beginning, but that didn't mean she didn't have her guard up. Usually Rory would excuse her jumpiness by claiming that it was just her quick reflexes kicking in, which would come out in any situation that arrived for her to kick some butt. She knew, though, the others only agreed to humor her.

What Rory's companions didn't know, though, was the real reason that Rory was extremely attentive to her surroundings. Ever since she could remember, she would have dreams of many streaks of different colors shooting through the sky like shooting stars, building-like structures made out of rock, and silhouettes gracefully and purposefully moving within them. At times, she faintly could recall music in the background. But she could not tell what the music sounded like, only that it was simply there.