Chapter 19- "We Are In This Together"

The funny thing about being one of those who are about to save the world, or in actuality the universe, is that it never quite settles in. What I mean is that this one important factor doesn't ever sink in - what they are about to do will either keep everyone they care about alive, or doom them all.

Instead of fear of the unknown driving you mad, or the unrelenting worry of failure paralyzing you, it's actually a sense of calmness that overpowers you.

It's built into your hardware. If any of the negative emotions arise, you subconsciously know that you will not succeed because of it. So instead, all the emotions are locked away, so that what needs to be done can be done.

The weirdest part is how you don't realize it. The Scooby gang and KISS band especially had no clue. They didn't even question their calm composures. The only thing crossing their minds was the simple fact that they needed to figure out a plan.

Plans are what the Scooby-gang does best, so it was a no-brainer that only after a few fleeting moments, Fred's mind began rolling.

"Hey, Starchild said that rock-and-roll powers everything here."

Like the well-oiled machine that they had always been, Daphne was quick to catch on to Fred's thought process and add her thoughts as well.

"And it was music that created the Rock of Kissteria in the first place," she supplied.

Leaving the Scooby-gang to marvel in delight, Spaceman spoke up as he kept the ball rolling.

"So if we create massive music..."

"Our kind of music..." the Demon tacked on with an almost worrisome gleam (at least to those witnessing it) in his eyes and grin on his face.

"We'll overload the Destroyer," Starchild finished.

Rory was still exhausted from the prior confrontation with the witch. For a moment, she quirked her eyebrow in disbelief that Starchild had recovered so quickly, but then she recalled how KISS had been trained for this very moment. The Scooby-gang were the ones hanging on my the seat of their pants.

She quickly settled into a smile of admiration of the current circumstances, though.

Who knew that these two unlikely groups would come together in the end?

What made Rory the most grateful though was seeing how well her two worlds collided.

Literally.

Rory did not need to worry about her mixed past. Yes, she was born in Kissteria, but she was raised on Earth. She was a girl of two very different worlds.

But Rory was able to find contentment in seeing that she would never have to worry with her two identities going to war against each other.

As Rory felt herself lean into Catman's side for some support as she gained her strength back, he was quick to wrap his arm back around her with no questions asked. He looked down at her, adoration shining in his eyes, to give her a wink.

Rory was quick to return a smile of her own before they both tuned back into the present conversation, where Shaggy was beginning to get more than enthusiastic.

Waving his arms around, Shaggy exclaimed, "Yeah! You guys just need to make too much rock 'n' roll!"

Catman had taken great offense to Shaggy's statement, taking his arms back from around Rory to fold them crossly and hotly reply, "Too much rock-and-roll? Ain't no such thing."

All of a sudden, Rory seemed to get all her strength back, and then some, as she nearly doubled over in laughter.

Catman peered at Rory out of the corner of his eyes at her merriment to his expense.