Chapter 6- "Where's the Little Miss?"

•edited•

A soft breeze tickled Rory's skin, coaxing her to open her eyes. The girl was shocked to see that they were back outside under the colorful, vibrant lights of KISS World. The park would never cease to captivate her. There was something comforting about the atmosphere that was crafted to represent and embody the rock band it was named after.

She turned to Catman with wide eyes as soon as she caught her bearings. She was momentarily distracted, but she suddenly realized just how fast they had arrived outside. One moment she was standing in the surveillance room, and then the next they were standing on the asphalt outside of the main building.

She stepped back from Catman slightly, much to his disappointment. He had quite enjoyed having her in his arms. Rory had liked it as well, but she needed the space so that she could look up into his eyes. She was stunned to see that they seemed to glow from the reflection of the neon lights around them.

"How did you do that?" she inquired in awe.

Catman would have been extremely intrigued by Rory now, if he had not already been captivated by her the moment they met. She had just proven something of mighty importance to him, and he knew the rest of his band will feel the same.

With a twinkle in his eye, he grinned at her. "Do what?"

She knew that he was evading her questions. There was no way that they could have gotten all the way through the building and outside as fast as they did. Especially beating the others who have not yet made it out. Catman and Rory had been the last ones standing in the surveillance room, so they should have been the last ones outside.

Her eyes squinted at the smug drummer. She was not at all worried how impossible the feat was. Instead, she wanted to know how to pull it off! It would be useful for future mysteries...and not for pranks of course.

"How did we get outside so fast? Teleportation? Quantum Mechanics? Magic?"

Catman's grin got wider and wider with each of Rory's guesses. He felt slightly guilty because he knew, theoretically, he should not have used his powers in front of her, but he wanted to test something out. Her aura was different from her other friends. The rest of the band had picked up on it too.

During the band's earlier huddle, when they were arguing whether or not they should let the gang stay in the park and assist them, Starchild had revealed that he had a premonition about the brunette, as well as the Scooby gang as a whole. When his eye had first landed on her, he instantly knew she was going to play a big role in the upcoming altercation with the Crimson Witch.

But in true Starchild fashion, he withheld part of his vision, and instead held an air of secrecy.

The Demon even divulged that he could pick up on what was almost like Kissterian qualities about her when he had ran into her and her cowardly friends at a game booth. While Starchild was good at reading situations, the Demon was equally good at reading people. It was as simple as a gut feeling, but he sensed that Rory was more like them and less like the people in this Earth realm. They also realized that Rory had no idea of her uniqueness.

To see if the Demon really was picking up on any Kissterian aspects in the small girl, the band agreed to give her a simple test. Catman would get her to agree to teleport with him outside under the guise of using stage effects. If Rory was just a normal teenager, the transfer would cause her to pass out because her body wouldn't be strong enough to withstand Kissterian powers. She would not be hurt in any way, and they would just pass it off as she had gotten overwhelmed. But here she was, standing before him still awake and fully aware of what just happened.