Chapter 10- "It's Time, Little Heathen"

Catman leads Rory back into the main KISS World building where he knew the rest of his band would be waiting for them to show up. He could practically feel her buzzing with nerves, or excitement. He wasn't quite sure which one it was at the moment.

In actuality, it was both. Rory knew that whatever the band was going to tell her would change her life forever.

"So, princess, how are you holding up?" the Spaceman asked Rory as soon as she and Catman walked though the door of the room that the rest of KISS had been waiting in.

Rory offered him a smile in return. She was flattered by the kindness of him checking up on her. She knew that he was genuinely concerned and not just asking to make conversation.  "Actually, I feel pretty ok, with everything."

The band couldn't hope to hear a better response from the brunette. It's not every day someone learns that there are other inhabited, magical worlds.

"It's time, Little Heathen. Ya ready?" the Demon asked Rory with a smirk.

"Ready for what?"

"To see if you can Wield the Rock of Kissteria of course!"

The remaining three KISS members face-palmed in unison while Rory stood in front of them like a deer caught in headlights.

"Dude, I didn't get to that part yet. We were supposed to explain it to her together," Catman scolded the Demon.

"Oops."

Before Rory's mind could spiral out of control, Starchild stepped up in front of her and placed both hands on her shoulders, gaining her undivided attention. Looking her straight in the eyes, he asked her, "Rory, have you ever wondered where you came from before you met your friends?"

Rory didn't even have to search her thoughts to answer his question. For as long as she could remember, she could not recall a single bit about her life before she had met the Scooby gang. Right up until the point that she laid eyes on Fred for the first time. The Scooby gang had been on their way to another mystery when all of a sudden the Mystery Machine came to a screeching halt. Once the screams ceased inside the vehicle, the gang looked out the windshield to see a small girl standing in the middle of the road, eyes wide with fear. After collecting himself, Fred jumped out of the van and approached the young girl to see if she was hurt.

The small girl had no idea where she was. She had no idea how she ended up in the middle of nowhere on a vacant road. The only thing she knew was that her name was Rory Archer. Fred knew he could not leave her out there, alone. He gently ushered her into the Mystery Machine where she was met with several welcoming smiles.

The gang continued to attempt to aid and help her remember anything from her past. She couldn't even remember if she even had a mom or a dad. She spent many years searching for any clue of her past, under the care of the Scooby gang, but she always came up empty handed. Even though she was happy as a part of the Scooby gang, Rory wanted nothing more than to find where she came from.

"Yes," she answered Starchild's question, "I have."

The KISS band could see the turmoil behind Rory's eyes. She was deeply burdened by her lack of memories pertaining to her earliest years of life.

With a small, sad smile, Starchild asked his next question. "What would you say if I told you we may have an idea of who your mother was."

Tears started welling in Rory's eyes. She couldn't believe these guys could possibly help her find out what she had been yearning to know for years. She had no hesitation or second thoughts about telling him, "I want to know."