Chapter 3- "Mission Sneak"

•edited•

"Alright, time to get serious. KISS needs our help," Velma stated once everyone in the gang had gotten back into their original clothing.

They were currently gathered in a circle right beside the Mystery Machine in the now vacant parking lot. Each face held a serious expression, even Rory's. It was time to figure out a plan on how to sneak into the theme park.

Shaggy did not understand the concept of being serious, though. "I'm no guitarist, but I can play a mean armpit," Shaggy announced as he did, in fact, play his armpit.

Rory did not know whether to laugh or gag at Shaggy's skills. She could all but imagine the catastrophe that would ensue if Shaggy was to reveal his "talents" to the world.

"Not to play music, Shaggy. To solve a mystery!" Daphne advised Shaggy, with hope that we would discontinue his questionable musical talent.

"Well then, looks like we will have to sneak in."

As soon as Fred uttered these words, it was almost as Rory's body contained new life. She instantly perked up and her eyes grew wide as she thought about the possibilities.

The gang looked at Rory wearily, concerned about what was going through her head. More often than not, it was something to do with fireworks or  using Scooby as a battering ram. One time, she even suggested replacing Scooby with Shaggy for that position.

"Are you sure your OK with this?" Daphne asked Fred as she tilted her head at Rory. He knew she was worried about whatever Rory was concocting. She had a slight tendency to cause trouble, both on purpose and accidentally.

"Of course I am. There's a mystery on our hands. And solving mysteries is what we do!" Fred assured Daphne.

Stopping as he realized something, though, Fred turned to Rory and tacked on, "but not under any circumstances, absolutely NO fireworks," he told her.

Rory had began to open her mouth in rebuttal, but Fred beat her to it. "And yes, that includes sparklers."

The brunette huffed at Fred, but let her shoulders slump in defeat. "Fine, I have a backup plan anyway."

The gang huddled together to start on their plan, hesitantly allowing Rory to say her piece. They still were hiding their chuckles at the fact that Rory had originally thought about using fire crackers before Fred shut her down. Classic Rory.

☾・゚*

Rory's great and well thought out plan was to sneak through the park by stealthily following Delilah Domino. Pure genius.

Delilah so happened to be discussing the dilemma of the witch with a stocky man, who seemed to be the supervisor of the park. In Rory's perspective, Delilah looked like she was not having her way. One clue that led to her conclusion on the subject was the security guard erratically swinging her hands in the air in frustration while walking away.This caused the sneaky girl to chuckle to herself.

"OK, Scooby, time for part one of Mission Sneak," Rory mentioned to Scooby once they came to a stop. Rory had crouched down beside Scooby with a hand on his back, both looking dramatically into space.

Fred snickered at Rory's creative name for her plan, which resulted in the said girl giving him a slight pinch as she stood back up and walked away. His "ow" then caused the rest of the gang to shush him.

Part one of Rory's genius plan was for her and Scooby to blend in with a meter that measured the heights of children, which would in turn determine if a child was tall enough to go on the rides within the park.