Chapter 21 - "Curse You, KISS!"

The Scooby-gang was in quite the predicament. They had successfully angered the Destroyer, but they soon realized that they had bit off more than they could chew.

The large monstrosity quickly unleashed his anger out on the relatively minuscule KISS craft. From his gargantuan eyes, green beams that resembled lasers shot forth, straight at the craft that contained the entirety of the Scooby gang.

In response to the unexpected onslaught, the six beings inside the craft began to panic. Over their screaming voices, the beginning of the song Detroit Rock City could be heard over the horizon, but they did not pay any mind to it since they had something bigger on their hands.

I feel uptight on a Saturday night

Nine o'clock, the radios the only light

Fred and Rory waste no time, turning the KISS craft around and flying as fast as they could away from the Destroyer. In the distance, Rory could see a portal into the tear in the universe that Starchild had left behind for them.

I hear my song at it pulls me through

Determined faces is all that can be seen from those inside the craft. Rory, Fred, Daphne, and Velma look collectively ahead, all having one goal in mind and unwavering in their mission.

In the back of the KISS craft, Shaggy and Scooby bare their teeth and steel themselves in an attempt to be brave as well.

Comes on strong, tells me what I got to do,

I got to (get up)

The Destroyer sees that the Scooby gang is flying away. There was no way that he was going to let them go that easy. Almost in slow motion, he turns in the direction that the gang is flying away in. Suddenly, the mountain completely falls apart as he shoots forward after them.

Everybody's gonna move their feet

(get down) Everybody's gonna leave their seat

(You gotta lose your mind in Detroit Rock City)

(Get up) everybody's gonna move their feet

(Get down) everybody's gonna leave their seat

Rory's knuckles began to turn white due to her death grip on the handles in front of her as they entered into the portal. She felt the now familiar pull of the sheer power of the portal for a split second until they were spit out the other side.

She opened her eyes back up to the vastness of the tear in the universe. The Scooby-gang had no time to take in their surroundings that would still have left them in awe.

The Destroyer had entered the portal right behind them, and he was still continuing his onslaught on them with his lasers. The beams from his eyes hit meteors and other floating debris left and right, causing them to explode and send shrapnel every which way.

Poor Scooby turned around to catch a glimpse of how far the Destroyer was falling behind. Unfortunately, that was not the case and the Destroyer was feet away from overtaking them.

Scooby quickly jumps in a panic into Shaggy's arms, causing the shaggy-haired boy to also catch sight of the Destroyer. Their braveness was almost reaching the limit.

The craft was now in blasting range as the lasers start to make contact with the back. The craft shudders and sends the inhabitants bouncing around in their seats, all holding onto anything they could reach as tight as they could so that they would not go flying into the void around them.

The Destroyer then opens his mouth wide, creating a vacuum that sucked in anything it could latch onto.

The craft starts being pulled backwards. The craft along with the Scooby-gang are now in danger of being sucked into the Destroyer's cavernous mouth. None of them could have fathomed that they could be eaten alive!