Chapter 16- "Is There Something On My Face?"

Flashback

Rory's wavy, caramel hair fluttered in the slight breeze wafting through KISS World. Her green eyes twinkled with amusement as she watched Scooby and Shaggy chatter in excitement as Spaceman and Starchild led them to their dressing room so that they could try on their boots.

Fred, Velma, and Daphne had already parted ways for the time being to set up a trap that would hopefully catch the Crimson Witch.

The Demon had stomped off, to who knows where, as he grumbled about how he better not find dog hair in his boots later on.

Rory's slight smile fell, though, as she thought of the Crimson Witch. Her eyes drifted down to her hands, and onto the Rock of Kissteria that she was currently holding. She couldn't help but wonder about her mother, and what had happened to her.

"Hey."

Rory's eyes snapped back up to the owner of the voice. Catman walked up to the brunette as soon as he caught sight of her figure standing alone, and obviously deep in thought. He had a good idea about what was preoccupying her mind.

Her smile quickly made a re-appearance as two sets of green eyes met.

"Hi yourself."

Catman knew he could get lost in those green eyes for hours. He was now standing in front of her, the Rock of Kissteria being the only thing keeping space between them he was so close. He took a moment to notice the speckles of hazel that seemed to float around in Rory's eyes.

Just like a short time before, while the two had their conversation on his drum platform, he stuck out his hand for Rory to take.

She didn't hesitate as she placed one of her hands into his. Neither of them could ignore the eruption of butterflies they felt at each other's touch.

In sync, the two fell into step beside each other as Catman led them somewhere so that they could spend a short moment of peace together.

Rory took notice of their hands, and how well they seemed to fit together. She took it upon herself to slip her fingers in between his, intertwining them.

Catman looked down at her fondly, chuckling to himself when he finally realized just how much taller he was than Rory. The top of her head barely reached the tip of his nose. He didn't realize how long he had been staring at Rory at first.

"Is there something on my face?"

Catman snapped back into reality when Rory interrupted the comfortable silence between the two. He noticed her green eyes glimmering with amusement, and her mouth quirked in a lopsided grin as she teased him about being caught staring.

He wasn't embarrassed in the slightest. With a grin of his own, he decided to be honest about what had captured his attention.

"You are quite beautiful, you know."

The edges of Catman's smile quirked up even more as he watched a blush blossom across Rory's face.

As soon as Rory looked at her feet in an attempt to hide her tomato-red face, Catman delicately slipped his index finger beneath her chin to raise her eyes back up to his.

It was not often that Rory was rendered speechless. She was completely unprepared for Catman's words. Never before has any male shown interest in her like the type Catman was showing her.

Actually, never before has any guy captured her attention and feelings in the way that Catman has. She has utterly fallen for his emerald, green eyes that shine with mischief, as well as kindness. Rory has also become attached to the way he protected those he cares for with all his strength, the way he tenderly held her hand, and the way he treated her with respect and with thoughtfulness.