Chapter 4- "Every Band Needs a Hobby"

•edited•

•PSA•
before you start reading, i would recommend listening to the above song for, you know... keeping up with the movie timeline? something like that LOL

☾・゚*:✧⋆

With arms crossed over her chest, Rory stood next to Velma and sulked due to how KISS ruined her big announcement. Her hair gently swept across her face, tickling her nose before she grouchily pushed it back behind her ear. After her bout of anger against her locks, she resumed her prior stance.

Rory had to admit, though, that their entrance was a whole lot cooler than anything she could have came up with. Especially on such short notice.

Stupid confetti.

A balding man, who Rory had just learned was the marketing specialist for the band, scurried past with a broom. He was manically trying to sweep up the confetti caused by KISS's entrance. The Scooby gang stared after the man amusedly, but none of them made any move to mention the randomness, or awkwardness, of the strange guy.

Rory also noticed how unamused and unbothered the band was at his complaining. They stood still in their spots, patiently waiting for the man to finish his tirade.

She surmised from the brief interaction that the band was very down to earth, which was extremely surprising in her opinion.

Rory was quickly interrupted from her silent monologue at the sound of one of the KISS members.

"Bleehh," Rory heard from the Demon. Her eyes instantly snapped to the said man, noticing his tongue lolling out as the stocky supervisor waddled away.

Scratch the 'down to earth' observation.

Suddenly Rory felt a slight nudge, or what could better be described as a harsh shove, from behind. It had came from Daphne as she rushed past Rory on her way to Starchild.

Rory was never the most sure footed person, she could even be called a little clumsy. Due to this, Rory stumbled forward, already accepting a not so pleasant visit with the ground. Again.

Before the incident took place, Rory failed to notice a pair of green eyes that had latched onto her figure. The eyes looked towards her in scrutiny, very curious about the brunette who seemed to be in her own world, even with all of the things happening around her.

To her surprise, Rory never felt the harsh impact of the ground, though, but instead felt herself being gently caught and righted back up onto her feet. Her hands subconsciously latched onto a strong arm that had wrapped around her front. Her eyes that had been shut tight in preparation of hitting the asphalt, snapped back open. She quickly looked up, expecting to see possibly Fred, but she instead was captured by bright, emerald eyes.

Rory's breath was momentarily stolen from her. She had never before seen eyes sparkle so brilliantly. The world ceased to exist around her in that moment. All she could focus on was the dazzling face of the one who saved her from her plummet to the ground.

Catman had been watching the girl, and had noticed the smaller brunette pitch forward. Without a second thought, he quickly jumped to her aid. It was an instinctual response, much to the surprise of the extremely reserved band member. He had not thought twice about rescuing the unknown girl.

Once he did manage to stop her fall, she looked up to him, so he offered a small, charming smile. She gave one, albeit nervously, in return, and he noticed just how pretty the brunette's smile was.

He stealthily took notice of her appearance now that he had a closer look. Her eyes were hazel, which were only brightened by her dark, wavy brown hair that framed her face. Looking closer, he could see specks of light brown scattered around her pupils. Her high cheekbones and long eyelashes further added to her natural beauty, which were bare of any makeup whatsoever. He decided then and there that she didn't need any to look any more beautiful.