Chapter 9- "That's the Best Part"

As a way to keep Shaggy and Scooby occupied and out of trouble, Catman decided to enlist their help with some of the stage setup for the upcoming concert later that night, that the band has neglected to do on account of the Witch.

Rory patiently waited for Catman to get finished telling the boys what to do. Well, patiently for a moment. Her eyes drifted to Catman's set of drums that were standing alone on a raised platform. It would be shame if the drums went one more minute without being played.

Rory made her way over to the platform and skillfully pulled herself onto it. Sitting down on the stool, she grabbed a pair of nearby drumsticks. Smiling down at the magnificent drum set, Rory hit the drums a couple of times. She did not know how to play the drums, but she didn't sound half bad. She didn't sound great either.

Rory suddenly jumped up a foot in the air when she heard a voice approaching her.

"Doesn't sound half bad," Catman told her as he walked up to the brunette who looked like a kid with a hand stuck in the candy jar.

Rory smiled sheepishly at being caught, but Catman was not angered at all. If it was anyone else touching his drums, he would have gone berserk. But this was Rory. He quickly realized that he could watch her all day fiddling on the drum set of his.

"Not half bad insinuates that I am also half bad," Rory replied to Catman.

He motioned for Rory to come sit by him as he lowered himself to the floor of the platform, feet dangling off the edge.

"I'm assuming you have a few questions." Catman got straight to the point. He was going to tell Rory all that she wanted to know, she deserved that much for looking after him and his fellow band mates.

"Tell me everything."

Catman's eyebrows quirked up at Rory's bluntness. He could tell, though, that she was genuinely interested by the glint in her eye.

"Everything?"

"Yes."

"You won't believe me."

"Try me."

Catman couldn't help the smile the spread on his face. Rory's smile also appeared when she realized that she had won, she was going to learn everything and finally understand what was going on.

With no hesitation evident, Catman launches into his story.

"I'm going to start at the very beginning. What people of earth do not know is that there is a cosmic realm that exists, far outside the reach of what any normal person  could ever fathom. This cosmic realm is called Kissteria."

Rory sat beside the Catman, hanging on to every world leaving his mouth. Catman was mesmerized by the look of pure awe on her face.

"The Crimson Witch, as you know, is a powerful sorceress that is in search of a special relic. This relic is know as the Rock of Kissteria. Legend has it, the Rock of Kissteria is so powerful that it was used to protect Kissteria itself from a creature known as the Destroyer."

Rory involuntarily shuddered when she heard the name of the Destroyer. It was as if the word itself hit a chord down deep in her being. She couldn't remember ever hearing of such a creature, but something deep inside of her knew just how horrific it was.

"The Destroyer was stopped before it could destroy the entire realm of Kissteria, thanks to the power of the Rock, and it's Wielder. The Wielder was able to vanish the Destroyer to its tomb, located within the largest mountain on Kissteria. Once the tomb was finished, the Wielder sealed the tomb in a way that only could be unlocked by another Wielder who used the Rock of Kissteria. Unfortunately, soon after the Destroyer was defeated, the Wielder disappeared, along with her young daughter who was destined to become the next Wielder after her."