Chapter 23- "Catch!"

Rory and KISS were able to come up with a fool-proof plan on how to lead the Scooby-Doo gang off their trail when it came to the existence of Kissteria.

Mostly fool-proof.

It was a tad difficult with Fred already being awake, and Daphne and Velma following soon after. But pulling every excuse they could think of out of thin air to leave the infirmary room in intervals finally proved successful.

Well, for the most part. The excuses ranged from going to the bathroom and to going to check if lunch was ready (it was currently four in the morning.) Rory had never claimed that she was good at telling little white lies.

In essence, KISS had convinced Delilah Domino and two other KISSWorld workers into helping. Delilah was serious about her job, and if her employers asked her to do anything, she would do it with no questions asked.

The two workers were just happy that KISS chose them out of all the others workers in the park.

They also placed several "clues" around the facility as finishing touches. These fake clues would seem viable enough to the Scooby gang.

Now, all Rory and KISS had to worry about was Scooby and Shaggy waking up so that they could start with their little plan.

The Scooby gang were currently all standing around in the infirmary. It had been a long night, but they were all determined to be there when the two finally woke up.

KISS, on the other hand, we're elsewhere at the moment, claiming that they were looking for a couple more clues that would point them to the culprit once and for all.

Finally, movement came from the two cots as the boy and dog started to flutter their eyes open.

Velma, ever attentive, was the first to check on them. "Shaggy, Scooby, are you awake?"

Rory perked her head up from where she sat beside Daphne. Daphne had been brushing though Rory's hair in an attempt to ease her worries until the boys woke up. Rory thought it was a miracle she had any hair left from the amount of brushing.

"I think they're coming around," Fred voiced as he stepped forward with everyone else to check on the two.

Scooby and Shaggy were extremely groggy. Rubbing his eyes in an attempt to wake up farther, Shaggy questioned, "Like, what happened?"

"Yeah, what happened?" Scooby also asked. They were completely confused as to how they had ended up back in the infirmary of KISSWorld. The last thing they remembered was the craft being blown up.

"You passed out," Fred told them.

"I guess at some point, we all passed out and woke up here," Daphne tacked on.

Before Shaggy and Scooby had woken up, Rory and KISS had told Fred, Velma, and Daphne the same exact thing. According to them, Rory had been knocked out as well, and was the first one to wake back up after KISS had gotten them to the infirmary.

Getting things back on track with the mystery, Fred pulled a piece of paper from his pocket that had supposedly came from Shandi's lab. Unbeknownst to him, the Spaceman himself had crafted the report. Who could have guessed that he knew enough about chemical science to bluff about it.

"We just got a report on the residue. It seems our Crimson Witch is more of a chemical witch."

"Her witch haze is really a gas that messes with your senses and creates illusions." Daphne had read over the reports as well. She hated to tell the boys the results, though. They were all so sure that what the had experienced had been real.