Chapter 3: Ruby Palace

Chapter 3

ATHANASIA

Ruby palace is where I grew up. I never knew anything about other palaces, so I don't what to say about my situation but based on what other maids are saying. This place is in the verge of ruins. Don't forget the ghost of the people who died here.

Who's fault it is? Of course, it's the Emperor. But I won't complain. This is still a palace, at least I have a home. Unlike other people who are homeless. Lily taught me to be thankful at everything.

I am thankful for everything but I don't know if I am going to be thankful for my father. I exist because of him but I don't like him.

"Lily. I'm sorry," I apologized again. I don't know what's going to happen to us again.

"You don't have to apologize Princess," Lily said. She's trying to console me because I ended up crying. Why? She probably taught I am afraid of the Emperor.

She said he's my father but I didn't accept it. I saw her reaction when I said that, she seemed...sad. Maybe she felt bad about me. I am indeed pitiful but it won't be long.

Before I went back in time. I heard the maids talking about everything outside the palace. Especially about Jeannette. I wanted to be a good sister for her. But like I said this is not going to happen in my current life. It seemed to me that being good is a wrong move.

"Miss Lily!" Hannah entered my room. She looked exhausted...like she run just to be here on time. Hannah is not a bad person, she's okay and Ces too. They are both good to me.

"Hannah. Please knock!" Lily reprimanded her.

"Miss Lily. T-The Emperor is here!" She exclaimed while looking at me. I gulped, this is bad. Why did he come here.

THIRD PERSON'S POV

"Are you happy now that we're here?" Claude asked the knight.

"Look at this palace Your Majesty. This is not fit for the Princess, this is place is it's worst condition! It might even collapse!" Felix said he's hoping that the Emperor would have a clue on what he's talking about.

Claude couldn't deny that Felix is saying the truth. This palace looked filthy...like it never been clean for so long and most furnitures are gone. He, himself wondered what happened to the Ruby palace.

This place is where he leave that child as a baby, this is where she grew up. Did he felt a bad? He didn't know, he didn't know what to feel.

"What do you want me to do?" Claude asked Felix.

"What do you want to do Your Majesty?" Felix asked Claude while frowning. Deep inside he hoped that Claude will transfer the Princess to a better palace. A palace suited for her.

If Diana saw her child's situation, she will be lonely. She wanted her child to be happy but it seemed it won't happen. He wanted to help Diana, she's a good person. He wanted to help the princess, she's innocent and didn't do anything wrong.

"I wanted to talk to Lilian York," the Emperor ordered.

Lily entered a room where the Emperor is waiting. She's afraid but she needs to be strong for the Princess. The princess is still and young, if something happened to her, Athanasia will be left alone.

"Blessings and Glory upon the sun of the Obelian Empire." Lily curtsy.

"You may rise," Claude ordered. She looked at the woman who have the courage to begged in front of him just for that child.

"Why did the Palace looked like this?" Claude asked. Lily felt anger with his question but she showed, she may end up dead.

"The Ruby Palace is low on funds, Your Majesty and I also found out that some servants were stealing from the palace. Don't worry, those servants are long gone," she answered. Telling the Emperor the truth is not wrong but quite dangerous.

"I see. How's the child?" Claude asked. He noticed that the maid looked surprised with his question but he just let her go.

"The Princess is sleeping, Your Majesty."

"You may go," he ordered.

"Blessings and Glory upon the Obelian Empire."

"This is what's happening in the Ruby palace," Felix whispered but loud enough for Claude to hear. He knows what the knight means.

The princess should be transfer ina  different palace. He would do that. Felix wouldn't stop talking of he didn't. For him, it's not bad as long as he won't see that wench daughter. Maybe if she live in a better palace, she would stop wandering around.