Chapter 10: Fear

Chapter 10

ATHANASIA

I hated my father for he abandoned and executed me but inside me I am still craving for his love. Sometimes I wanted to deny it.

Lucas said I deserve all of this and I agree. 'We all deserve something and this is what I deserve'. I always said those words to myself.

Years passed and I am ten. I became closer to Dad. I can finally call him Daddy without being embarass or awkward. I can enter his office anytime I want. I never imagined that this day would come. I am getting used to this life and this time I am going to admit.

I love my new life and I am not going to let anyone take it, even if it means I have to do something horrible. I was executed back then, those people should too. Especially the real one who poisoned Jeannette.

Then who it is? Duke Alpheus. Ah—that guy. He wanted more, he looks greedy. Would he take Jeannette in, if she didn't have that eyes? I can see the confidence in his eyes when he introduced Jeannette.

Should I make an accident, so those people would not ruin my debutante. It would be evil, I guess. But they ruin my debutante, she shouldn't be the happiest girl in that room. It should be me first, then the other girls...that's it. I need to think of a good plan, to ruin everything for them. I am a genius after all.

Come to think of it. Am I really a genius or the other one is just too stupid? To tell the truth, I've had enough of studying. I knew all of them, I wanted to study a different one. Maybe a different language, an ancient one?

Everything matters to me. If she is not smart or capable enough to rule, the only reason they like her was because of her black magic. Why not remove the black magic inside, the temple will surely help. But it would be hard as of now.

"Daddy!" I hugged him tight. I saw a faint smile, he always does that whenever we're together.

"I told you not to run," he reminded me but I can't help it. I am always happy whenever I see him.

I know it's strange. In the end, he's the same person that killed me. I guess, I am going to enjoy this time.

"Daddy what if I have a sister?" I asked him.

"That's impossible. You're my only daughter. I already told you that," he said. He answered that question of mine a long time ago but I just can't help but ask him again. Maybe he's saying the truth? I know Lucas said that Jeannette is a chimera but it's still confuses me.

"But what if there's someone who claims as your daughter and you will surely like her more," I said.

"That's nonsense. Why would I like someone that is not mine?" He said.

I mean he is right, he hates his own daughter, so why would he like someone who is not his? Black magic it's quite amazing. I have to admit that I am amuse.

"Okay. But someone claims to be your daughter. I will do something bad to her," I whispered to him. He chuckles, what he didn't know is, I am threatening him right now. Maybe, it's not a threat for him. But for Jeanntte.

Fear. I still have fears.

I wanted to learn how to use a sword and I begged my father for that. He agreed after my third attempts. Felix ended up as my teacher.

Felix, praised me. He said that I have a talent in swordmanship. Should I believe him, when he's on my side from the start?

°☆°

Today. I saw Duke Alpheus entering my father's office. Good thing I have Lucas, I told him that I wanted to know what they are talking about.

Using his magic, we entered the office unnoticed and we listened to the dog who keeps yapping about.

"Your Majesty. Do you remember what I told you about my ward? Maybe I should bring her here." That Duke really is something. Should I just let Lucas kill him?

"Why would I care about your ward?" Dad asked him. He's right! It's not important right now, they should talk about something like state affairs or the trades in other countries. Not some random child.

"Y-Your Majesty. Maybe the Princess needs a friend," he explained. And now he's going to use me? It's too late for that.

Maybe I should really kill him. If not Jeannette, he might even forced me to marry his son. That disgusting and greedy duke!

"I am sure that she didn't your ward or your son as her friend. If you don't have something important to say, you may go."

Of course, Dad is annoyed. Who wouldn't?

"Should I just kill him?" Lucas asked.

"I would love for you to do that but I don't want you to kill someone. Maybe, hurt him a little? Not in a physical way. Like our plan, during the debutante let's make sure that they won't introduce Jeannette."

It doesn't matter if he would introduce Jeannette after the debutante, the most important part is, no one will witness it.

Those people, should fear me instead.

Duke Alpheus, Countess Rosalia and Jeannette. Those three are already on my list. I wonder if they are the only ones who needed to be on my list?