Chapter 7: Playmate

C7: Playmate

ATHANASIA

I woke up feeling an intense pain inside me. What happened to me?

"Princess! Do you recognize me?" I heard Felix's worried voice.

"It hurts," I said and tears started forming in my eyes. It felt like something is burning inside me.

"Your Majesty, what shall we do?" Felix asked Claude. I didn't notice him.

"It hurts," I said again. I don't know how to explaine the pain but I prefer to sleep than to feel this extreme pain.

"I told you to heal the child," Claude said in a cold tone.

He looked at me with his infamous cold expression, he touched my forehead and suddenly I feel sleepy. Is he even worried about me?

No. Of course not. Maybe?

At least that's what I hope.

When I opened my eyes, I am still at this room. This is not my room that I can be sure.

"You're awake," I immediatelt sit up when I heard that voice then I saw Lucas sitting in a chair beside me.

"Lucas!" I said. Why is he here?

"I told you not to spend too much time with that mutt," he said looking annoyed.

"Yes you did. But you didn't tell me the reason, you just disappear."

He looked at me with that cold expression. I'm used to it, looked at my father.

"Anyway. You owe me your life," he said his expression and tone changes into somewhat arrogant but if he did save me, I should be thankful.

"What happened to me?" I asked.

"You really didn't know?" He asked with amusement.

I shook my head. Isn't obvious?

°☆°

He told me everything. I looked at Blackie, did he understand what Lucas said? He's the only friend I have, except Lily, Hannah and Ces and maybe Felix too.

I looked at Lucas, he looked so small. I wonder if all magician can do that, he looked cuter when in his younger form.

"I love these chocolates," he said while munching. At least he's not planning to eat Blackie.

He said that the Emperor wanted to kill Blackie because of me. But Lucas stopped him. I might really die if that mana flows inside me. I don't know what to think about him.

"Lucas. Teach me some magic!" I said.

"Yeah. You said, you wanted to learn magic because your Dad wants to kill you. But he seemed to care about you," he said.

"I'm going to tell you everything!" I said in a desperate tone. I am six, there's only a few years left before I meet my demise.

Claude entered the room before I could say anything.

"Your Majesty, he's going to be my playmate!" I said to him.

"Your Majesty?" He mumbled. What's with his expression? Did I say something wrong?

"That's right! The princess needs some playmate!" Felix exclaimed. Thanks, Felix. You're my hero.

"Did that child really need one?" He asked.

"Athy's a child, so Athy needs one!" I said.

"If that's what you want."

He sighed then he walks away.

"Be my playmate at least," I whispered.

"Fine. This seemed interesting," he smirked.

Should I be thankful that he find our family interesting?

"So what do you want to teach me first?" I asked him. I admit that I am quite excited about learning magic.

"What do you mean? You're going to tell me about yourself first and besides, I agree with being your playmate and not teaching you magic," he said correcting me.

"Oh right." I thought he forgot about that. I guess, I don't have a choice.

A/N

Hello. I tried not to deviate too much to the original story. I'm still trying to find my way in the fanfiction world hehehe. I'll promise to make a better fanfic soon.

P.S. Claude and Athanasia still aren't close at this point. They might be soon.