Chapter 4: Emerald Palace

Chapter 4

ATHANASIA

Emerald Palace.

What a majestic place. This is where Jeannnette live after she was introduced. She's really lucky but now, I will take that luck away from her.

I'm guessing it is Felix who persuaded the Emperor. He really looked so proud and I am thankful for him. Maybe Felix can really be my ally.

"Felix. Are you going to be Athy's ally?" I asked him.

"Of course Princess!" He said happily.

After I was transfered in the Emerald Palace, all my servants were replaced. Except for three. I don't know how did that man knew the servants I am close with but he did.

Hannah, Ces and Lily are enough but he added more. I guess, it's quite embarassing for a princess to have only three servants.

I heard my studies will start next week. I am not going to compalin, it's a good thing after all. I need to be much better than her. I might not get that man's favor but I need all the nobles favor. My servants too and maybe the knights.

Since this place is a lot bigger than the Ruby palace, I decided to walk around the whole Palace. I want to feel that I am the owner of this place and no one could take it from.

While everyone is still busy...I went outside. I just can't stay at my chambers like before, it's good to wander around...for my health. I need the sun and the fresh air.

"What are you doing here?"

I rolled my eyes when I heard that voice again. He sound annoyed. I can't blame him, I am starting to get annoyed just by hearing his voice.

I curtsy. "Blessings and glory upon the sun of the Obelian Empire," I said. He looked shock when I did that.  I wonder why? He couldn't imagine that I know some etiquette? I already live once you know.

"What are you doing here?" He asked again.

"Athy's walking," I answered.

"I can see but why you are not in your chambers. I already gave you the Emerald Palace and yet you are still wandering outside."

"Athy's need some fresh air."

"Your Majesty. A child like needs some entertaintment maybe books and some toys," Felix suggested.

Good job Felix. I really like you now.

"Is that so?" He looked at me. Is he examining me again? Are you thinking if I am worthy enough to receive gifts?

"Athy's going back," I whispered

"Felix accompany that child," Claude ordered.

"Yes Sire," Felix happily said. He then carried me until we get back to the Emerald Palace.

°☆°

The next morning came and the Emperor wanted to have breakfast with me. This is the first time that he invited me for breakfast.

Everyone greeted me, so I did the same. It felt so good that everyone seemed to like you, unlike before.

"Blessings—"

"You don't have to do that," he stopped me.

"But everyone's doing that," I said tilting my head.

"You're a Princess of this Empire, you don't have to do that kind of thing," he explained. I knew that but I just feel so detached to this kind of life, especially when I am in front of him.

This man, he's now saying that I am a princess of this after all these years. He's saying those words!

Breakfast went by without a problem...maybe a little bit on my part. I must say, I am afraid of having an indigestion. He's staring at me until I finished my food. I almost throw up.

After breakfast, Felix carried me on the way back to Emeral Palace where I reside.

Emerald Palace is such a beautiful place, no wonder it is a place for the princesses and princes of this Empire. I looked at it. This is really home? I still couldn't believe it, it's finally mine.

"That's Athy's right?" I asked Felix.

"Emeral Palace? Of course Princess," Felix answered.

"No one can take it back?" I asked him. I made sure that I sounded like an innocent child, asking an innocent question.

"Of course," he assured me.

I smiled. But the truth is, everything will change once  Jeannette enter the palace. He didn't know that, not yet.