Chapter 9: Family

Chapter 9

ATHANASIA

On my seventh birthday Claude gave me this Rose garden. I remember telling him about that, I was shocked when he gave me this as a gift.

I still couldn't call him father or whatever I supposed to call him. Everyone keeps telling me to try, I wanted to try but it's doesn't feel right.

Maybe, I should try.

There's nothing new on my life. Claude and I have frequent tea time, almost everyday. I thought he would stop but he didn't. I study a lot and my tutors praised me.

Then. Lucas and I will play and he would teach me magic...sometimes. Most of the times he would show how great he is. I know that he is great, he healed me and he's going to help me about the black magic. He's been stabilizing my mana and I don't know, helping Claude with his frequent headaches? I noticed that, Lucas said that it's the effect of the black magic he used.

I think I am doing great. I am still a child but I wanted to show them that I am truly capable. The people needs to know, they are one of the most important part of ruling.

Jeannette is such a vibrant, happy girl unlike me who have a gloomy disposition. I have to change that. I don't that's my real personality anyway.

Claude decided we should ride on a boat. Never ride one, so I happily agree. I even squealed in excitement, that was emabarassing. Good thing I am a seven-year-old child. Although Claude seemed shocked by my reaction.

The boat ride was quiet but I am happy. I felt the gentle breeze, such a good day. Perfect for boat riding. Then, a beautiful flower suddenly caught my attention.

It's calling me.

I tried to take it but my hands is too small. I stretch my arms even more, with no avail. I took a deep breath and I tried again.

But I slip and fell on the water. I don't know how swin. I wanted to ask for help but I saw Claude looking at me. His not going to do anything.

No. It can't be. I can't die here.

"Help! D-Daddy!" I begged for his help.

"Daddy!" I screamed again. In a blink of an eye, I am in the boat again.

What happened? What did he do? Did Claude pulled me out of the water.

"What did you just called me?" He asked.

I don't want to answer his question. I almost die and that's his first question. And I know what I say. It is too embarassing to repeat. Is he going to kill me because I called him that?!

°☆°

"I think he's going to kill me."

"But he didn't. Should I just kill him?" Lucas said. He's been in my room for quite a while now.

I would love to say yes but something is stopping me. Why? Isn't that easier?

"No!"

"You can call him Daddy, he's your father!" Lucas said. Of course, he's not afraid of him. He's Lucas! But I am the seven-year-old Athanasia, I might be an adult mentally but I am still a child. I can't do anything.

"That's not the point," I said.

Anyway. I'm glad Lucas is accompanying me today. After I fell of the lake, I immediately got sick and I have to stay in my chambers to rest but It's boring. I think, I am getting use to having tea with Claude, studying and practicing magic.

"Princess?" I heard Lily. I looked at Lucas and with he disappeared. I wanted to learn that thing he always do.

"Lily," I smiled when she opened the door.

"You still have a fever," she said as she put her hand on my forehead.

"Athy's fine," I smiled. I'm really fine, it's just a slight fever but everyone acted like I am going to die...again.

"Your Majesty is looking for you. I told him your still sick but he insisted. His on his way now."

What?! Why would he come here?!

"Why?" I asked her, trying not stutter and look scared.

"He's worried about you," Lily answered. I wanted to believe her but of course it will be strange if Claude suddenly cares for me.

It must be Felix idea...again. Yes. Of course, it was his idea. As always, he really wanted us to get closer.

After a few minutes, I heard a footsteps outside of my chambers. It must be him, he didn't need to announce himself of course. He entered my chambers and stare at me.

"The two of you may leave," he ordered Felix and Lily. They bowed to the Emperor before taking their leave.

"You seemed fine," he said.

"Athy's fine," I insisted because I am really okay.

"Are you sure about that?" He asked. The back of his hand is on my forehead right now.

"Yes!" I answered.

"You have a slight fever."

"Your Majesty Athy's fine!" I said again. Can he just go? Is Claude worried about me?

"Your calling me that again. What did you call me last time?" I gulped with that question. What's with his cold stare? He's really terrifying, one thing I need to learn is how not to be afraid of this man.

"Daddy," I said while pouting.

"Daddy huh?" He clicked his tongue. Is he annoyed because I call him that but his the one who about that. He needs to learn how to speak his mind.

"Is Athy not allowed to call you that?" I asked.

"You can call me whatever you want," he said.

"Then Athy will call you Daddy!" I exclaimed. I need to get closer to him, right?

Maybe, we could be a real family too.