Chapter 11: Promise

Chapter 11

ATHANASIA

"Daddy promise me that I am your only daughter. I don't have a sister," I looked Dad.

"Of course. You're my only daughter," he said while patting my head. It's not the first time I said this to him. I am just glad that he didn't get annoyed to me.

Athanasia de Alger Obelia.

Besides my father I am the only one who carries that name. Ah–there's one more.

Anastacius. The former Emperor. My father killed the tyrant emperor, but what if he have an offspring before he died? It means, there's a possibility that I am not the only one who have a jewelled eyes.

"Daddy who is the woman in the picture frame, the one in your room?" His expression turned cold, did I get scared? Not really but I regret asking him that.

I know who that is, everyone knew the name of that woman.

Penelope Judith. His former ex-fiancee. Mother of Jeannette, the one who seduced the former Emperor. If the rumors are true, then Jeannette is their daughter.

I really should have used my brain before. Maybe, I am focused on the wrong path before but now that I don't need father's attention, because  he willingly gave it to me. I can finally use my brain for more important things.

But Jeannette was born using a black magic. Did Penelope, use black magic to get the throne. Could be, according to the rumors about her personality.

"Why are you asking about that nonsense question?" He asked.

"I heard she have a daughter a little bit older than me. What if someone told you that she is my sister?" I asked while pouting.

"Who told you that. I should cut their tongues for speaking such nonsense!" He said.

"I said it myself Daddy!" I hugged him tight.

He might kill everyone here, so I decided to keep my mouth shut and focus on my food.

The next day, Felix said he burned that picture of the woman. I wondered if he ever love that woman but I am happy that he did that. He didn't even have one for my mother. He should be fair.

°☆°

"If they are giving you a problem, just kill them." Lucas suggested.

"You're teaching me to be bad," I said.

"Why not? They've been bad to you." He's right but I need to focus on my plan. Lucas and I have been planning on everything.

He is currently planning on going to the world tree. He said the earlier the better. It made me sad, he's going next week. I hope he can go back immediately.

Lucas said, he will tell my father about the black magic once he came back. The world tree branch will be a great help.

I told him to take as much as he can! He's been waiting for that opportunity for so long anyway.

Then that faithful week came by so fast. I almost didn't believe it.

"Promise me that you will come back," I said.

"I will. I already told you that," he said.

"Promise me," I mumbled. He's one of the few people that I can fully trust. He knew better than anyone else.

"Okay. I promise," he said.

"Thank you!" I said then I hugged him tight.

"Okay then, I should go," he said.

With that Lucas is gone. I have to train harder than before. So when he came back, I will be a lot stronger.

"You must be missing Lucas," Lily said as I looked at the balcony, he tend to used the balcony as a door. I do miss him and he's only gone for a few hours.

"I think so. But he promise me that he will be back," I said. I tried to smile so she won't be worried.

He better be back.

I decided to go to my father's office with Felix. And this is probably my unlucky day because I saw Duke Alphues here. That white dog.

What is he thinking?! Is he going to say that I need friends my age?! I don't want a child as my friend!

I might be 10 physically but I am an adult mentally. I don't want to play dolls.

"Roger Alpheus at your service. Proseperity be upon the Obelian Empire." I smiled at him and waved.

If you're a real dog. I might end up liking you. Dogs are adorable but you are just an annoying dog, and one of the reasons why I ended up dead.

"Hi. Mr. White," I said.

"That's not my name Princess." Yes. Of course, I know that. From now on, I am going to call you that.

"The Princess must be bored alone in this palace she—"

"Nope. Duke Alpheus, I don't need friends especially when those kids came from your house. Or do you want to use for your own greed?" I smiled at him, he looked shock. So am I. Why did I say that?

That sounds fun.

"That's not it. I am just worried that her highness is lonely," he said.

"But I am not," I said. I would be, if she ended up here.

"I see. May there be properity upon the Obelian Empire," he said as I walk towards my father's office.

There's something about that guy's expression, is he mad?

This Empire will truly prosper without you. Just wait, if you're not going to change. I might do something, you don't want.