Chapter 8: Plan

Chapter 8

ATHANASIA

Funny how my father gave me his attention and everything when I didn't even asked but back then when I craved for it, he didn't even took a glance.

That was Lucas said and he's right. I agree with him. Should I be happy that I might change my fate? Yes. Of course, I should be happy because I deserve to be happy.

I still don't know the reason why he's giving me gifts but I guess I should accept it just like Lucas said.

"Accept all the gifts it's for you! What do you think your old man will do to his wealth? Throw it?"

It's been one week and Claude told me that I'm going to have tutors. I guess, I should thank him for that. 8n fact, my studies started today and I am very much praised. I always wanted to study and be smart, at least the nobles will find me more competent and capable than Jeannette. That's always been part of my plan. To be a genius.

Lucas wanted to see Jeannette first when I asked him to help me with my plans. He wanted to know what kind of person she is.

I told him that I am afraid that he might end up liking her and be by her side instead, just like everyone else. He laughed saying he's not an idiot like everyone else.

"We're done. Let's go Lucas!" I said to him. After doing my homeworks and reading. He just smirked and hold my hand, we then teleported and ended up in Alpheus residence. No one can see us, Lucas assured me.

We teleported in a garden. It's a beautiful garden, I wanted to look around but I need to look for Jeannette first.

"The flowers are beautiful." That's a voice of a young girl. I followed that voice and my hunch is right. That girl is Jeannette. And yes...she's cute.

"She's cute," I whispered. With her long brown hair and her jewelled eyes. She looked like a doll.

"That's the girl you're talking about?" Lucas asked.

"Yes," I answered as I look at her. She's a living doll. Compare to me, I am nothing. I understand why everyone loves her.

"She's a chimera," Lucas said, he's frowing while looking at her.

"What's a chimera?" I don't know what it is but it doesn't sound good.

"It's someone who's born from black magic. You said everyone loves her that includes your father. It's because of black magic. She wanted to be love and her black magic gives her that," Lucas explained. Then it means, everything is because of black magic! No. Claude hated me before that but at least, I need to stop the black magic from coming in contact with Claude.

"What shall we do? I don't want my father to be affected with black magic. You need to help me, there must be a way," I pleades him.

"Let's kill her," Lucas suggested but I hit him. That's absurd.

"Idiot! She's a child! Don't kill a child, at least...not now," I said. I don't why I said that. Maybe, I believe that, I might kill her soon in a battle. Who's worthy and who isn't. Until then, let her live. She deserves to have a childhood, it's the same as me. I deserve to have a childhood.

We ended going back to the Emerald Palace. We need to think of a plan.

"You're the great magician," I said to him.

"Yeah but my mana is still...you know," Lucas said. I knew that, he already told me.

"The world tree branch. It's needed, you need to find it. I wonder where it is."

"I still don't know where to it is but I will make sure to find it before your debutante. You said it will happen during that day right? For now, focus on being close with your father and I will help counter the black magic in case you guys met unexpectedly."

"And I think, I have to check on your father first. There's something I need to confirm when I first saw him," he added.

I nodded.

That's not easy being close with someone who hates me. I need to be mentally strong for this. I'm going to ask Felix about the relationship between my father and mother. And what is he trying to confirm?

Two hour have passed. I thought Lucas is not coming back but he did. He looked at me and his Ruby eyes is glowing.

"Did you know that your father used black magic?" He asked.

"What? W-Why?" I stuttered. Of course, I don't know. Everything went so fast. I can't grasp. What happened.

I told Lucas that I needed to be alone and he let me be. I need to read some books about black magic.

°☆°

The next two days passed by. Claude called me to have tea and he asked about my studies. I don't know how to feel about that but I need to get close to him. I can't help but to think about black magic whenever I see him

"Felix. What happened to mother and father. Tell me everything!" I said. Felix have a surprised face. I called him to play but actually I just wanted him to tell me everything.

"What do you mean Princess?" He asked.

"Mom died because of me and father hated me because it? Did father really love mother?" I asked him. It's one I wanted to hear from a trustworthy person.

"No. That's not it—"

"Felix. Tell Athy everything," I cut him off. I already got hurt once. I don't need some nice words.

"Your mother died giving birth to you princess and that's because she lovea you very much. And Your Majesty, loves your mother very much too but he didn't hate you," he explained. It's a lie to make me feel better.

"If father loves mother and she died what did he do next?" I asked.

"Nothing," Felix laughed awkwardly.

"He killed everyone right in the Ruby Palace and he let Athy live there but he hates Athy. Athy knows, you don't need to lie. Athy wanted to know from someone I trust. What happened after that?"

Felix didn't speak. He just looked at me with pity. I don't hate him for that. In fact, I am thankful.

"Did Father use black magic to forget mom?" I asked. His eyes widened.

"How did you know about black magic princess?" His reaction says everything. I bet, Felix is not a good liar.

"Athy read a book about that," I smiled at him.

I am sure that he's going to tell Claude about what happened. Would he believe him? Maybe. But I am not if he still have a memory of my mom or it's completely gone.

Truth is. It doesn't take a genius to connect all the dots. I just wished I used my brain like this before.