SS - Clothes Make The Man

It was Saturday. The day I was supposed to go shopping with Hinami. Honestly.. I didn't want to. I had been talking to the Nakamura group, Mimimi and Izumi the whole week and my social battery was completely drained. And now I had to spend most likely an entire day with Hinami where she would constantly berate me on how I suck at everything in life...

Sigh

Well, there's no around it I guess. I'll just have to get through this.

---

After I finally arrived in Omiya, I already saw her standing there next to our meeting spot, the Bean Tree sculpture near the station.

Honestly, she looked like a celebrity just standing there. Hinami was wearing a long blue coat and a double layered dress-like T-shirt. While I don't how much her outfit had cost her or if it was considered.. "stylish", I thought it was simple but oddly flattering. It definitely fit her.

"You sure took your time," Hinami said with less intonation than a text-to-speech program—it was obvious she was upset.

But I was only like one minute late.. Is that considered rude? Or does she just hate me?

"I'm sorry."

"While I'd like to say you were busy trying to find something to wear that wouldn't be too embarrassing, you changed absolutely nothing from last time we met outside school. I didn't think you'd be this useless."

While her clothes fit her, her attitude was a definite mismatch.

"But that's what we'll be working on! Anyway, let's go."

So that's why we're doing this.

"So.. we're going to go shopping for clothes?"

She sighed. "Come on, why would someone come to Omiya, whose claim to fame is being one of the biggest districts in Japan? Of course we are gonna buy you some good outfits to replace that boring look you have. Oh, and I'm saying this now—I made a hair appointment for you."

She did without my consent? Is that even legal..? But her preference for extremely thorough planning wasn't much of a surprise by this point. I somehow expected that from someone like her...

As I was absorbed into my own thoughts, absently staring at Hinami whose brows were furrowed, I overheard two people whispering to each other.

"Is that... Hinami..?"

"Yeah dude.. must be her..."

I just thought she looked like one, but what if she's actually..

"Hey, Hinami. You wouldn't happen to be a celebrity? I just overheard two guys talking about you."

"Hm? Oh. I'm not in showbiz, but I am famous."

"How so?"

"Well, I always have one of the top scores in the national practice exams, and last year I competed in a few cross-country running events at the national level... And then with my looks, my name gets around."